Chapter two- the symbols will die

Alexa quietly tiptoed up the stairs to the door, which was supposed to be off limits. The noises from within continued, and grew weirder; clicks, screeches, giggling and almost the sound of wind were able to be heard. Alexa stopped at the door, her heart thumping.

She looked through the keyhole, some cogs were turning, and nothing seemed too abnormal, but something in a corner of the room caught her eye. She looked as it flashed but the keyhole wasn't quite large enough to see as far as Ashe intended, so she decided she had to go in.

Whether or not it was a bad decision, Alexa felt it had to be done, because in the back of her mind she had been thinking about that door for years, and she was just bursting to see what it was that was doing these weird things.

She placed her hand on the door handle and twisted, it opened with a click and the door opened, revealing a medium sized room with creaky old wooden floor boards, a large white circle on the wall, and in the middle of the room, cogs and ropes turning. She turned to the corner of the room where she had seen the shadow, and picked up a spammer on the ground next to her.

She was shivering with fear, as a black floating cloud of almost what looked like dust looked there. It hovered for a while and then it moved over to the large white circle which Alexa realised was the back of the clock, and dropped to the floor. Now being able to see it more clearly, Alexa saw that same face that was behind her in the reflection of the bell.

It stared at her, with its devilish grin. "What do you want!?" Shouted Alexa nervously. Then it started talking to her with no explantation in a deep, husky voice. The clock is reversing, every five minutes is a day, and every symbol the hand reaches will die, like this earth, and then so shall you, the key is underneath". It was hissing and slobbering as if it was looking at food for the first time in two weeks.

Alexa just stood there nervously, as she heard a massive creek, and the white back of the clock on the wall started turning, and it flipped, now showing the regular face of the clock inside of the building. Then the whole room rumbled and the black shadowy figure buzzed, and then vanished.