Running Love

His hand is warm in mine, I never saw it before, that sparkle in his eyes. His smile is the moon on this moonless night, I wish it would come back, it is replaced with such a serious face, apparently my life is at stake. How do I return the sentiment he gave me, on a runaway? Yesterday, if you would have told me that I would be holding these thoughts captive in my head tonight, I would've shoved you in a lake. Braiden's pull as he guides me across the unknown terrain that lay before me. My feet are almost dragging behind my body, barely able to keep up. Why am I the one he's after? My thoughts are odd, off, un-normal. It's funny, if he hadn't come to my house at the exact second that he did, I don't think we would be out here. I would've said no, go home. But he came...

            "Iz!" Nanya yelled, "Where is it? Where did you put my bookmark?"

            "I didn't touch your bookmark, Nanya! Why would I touch your bookmark? It has your essence on it!" Isabelle shot back. I rolled my eyes, their little argument kept going back and forth. I could see Mom in the kitchen, with the same reaction. The doorbell rang, I shot up to get it. I opened the door to find Braiden, my bio partner.

              "Hi, Rosy! I was coming by to ask if you wanted to hang out tonight?" Braiden seemed a little over confident. I looked at him, and back at the room. I saw Mom nod at me.

              "Ro! Can you please-" I grabbed my coat, and shut the door, not even bothering to see the speaker.

               "Sure! Why not?" I sigh, and smile. He smiled back, I think that was the first time I have ever seen him smile. He held open the door to his red truck for me. "So, what're we doing?"

               "We are going to go to the bowling alley, and we are going to have a picnic at the park behind it," Braiden said with a smile, "Rosy."

              I wish I had known how bad that night's plans would go. I would have suggested someplace else. Anywhere but the bowling alley. We had arrived there around nine-o'clock at night. We bowled for hours, it was my turn when the gun went off, I didn't understand what was being said, it was unbelievable.

               "Braiden Mulligan, you are interfering with plans of the federal government of Turkey!" The man with the gun said, he was wearing a suit, with a mask, Braiden was Braiden Mulligan.

               "You are not going to kill her, I care and love her too much to let you do that," And with that, he grabbed my hand and started running, dragging me after him, somehow I knew he was the good guy. So here we are running, he said it was run or die. How do I tell him that I love him too?