The Lost and Found 2

Ethan

“Your henches have failed Walter. What are you going to do now? Come at me yourself? Oh I’m sure you don’t want a repeat of the last time you challenged me. How is your right arm by the way?” she asks with a smug look plastered on her face.
I bet the man, Walter, is probably clenching his jaw right about now. I can’t tell, he’s too far away.
“He is.” The girl whispers.
I look at her again.
Is she…reading my mind? I think to myself.
“Who is the boy with you?” Walter asks.
“He’s…my friend.” Her face lights up and her smile becomes even brighter when she says the word ‘friend’.
“What’s his name?”
“You don’t need to know.”
“If he’s passing through the gates with you, I need to know his full name. You know the principles.”
She sighs.
“His name…is…” she says.
I wait patiently for her to say a fake name, hoping that the man will believe her.
“Ethan.” She says with confidence and a glint in her eyes, “Ethan Rylander.”
My eyes snap in her direction, and then my head slowly follows. I stare at her with a surprised expression plastered on my face.
She…she got my name right.
The man pauses, before looking in my direction to address me, “Is that your name boy?” he asks.
“Yes.” I answer.
Then he turns his attention back to the girl.
“Very well. You may go in. But know this; if that is not this boy’s true name and he causes trouble inside the haven. It’ll be on your head. And then, even your precious godmother won’t be able to help you.” Walter warns, after another pause.
“I wouldn’t be worried about that. Seeing as it is his true name.” she smiles plainly.
She starts walking forward and I, having no other choice, decide to follow her. God, if you can hear me, please help me.
The walk to the gates is a very long and awkward one. It’s silent, yet I can feel the tension between the girl and Walter and I can feel his bloodlust. When we reach the gates, Walter walks over to it and taps a rune and in an instant, the door vanishes into thin air. The girl leads me ahead into the forest before us and I follow her.
I hear a loud thud sound, making me to turn my head and I notice that the gates are back. We walk on into the forest for quite a while.
When we finally reach a safe distance away from the gates, I forcefully yank my hand free from the girl’s. She stops in her tracks. I walk to the front and look her in the eyes.
This is something pretty bold to do, considering the girl’s ability to take me out in an instant.
“Start talking.” I say sternly, pushing away thoughts of fear. I really need to know what’s going on.
This girl just showed up out of nowhere and she not only protected me from a bunch of werewolves, she also got me into the place of my mission. So…who is she? What is she?
She looks a bit surprised and hurt by my countenance; a glare. But then that is immediately replaced by a toothy grin before she moves towards me. She moves too quickly for me to react and before I know it, she’s on top of me and both my hands are pinned to the ground over my head by one of her hands. She smirks; a look of victory.
Argh! How could I be so stupid? I mentally scold myself.
I foolishly fell for her tricks. Now she has me right where she wants me.
“Get off me!!” I yell and I struggle with all my might under her hold.
I yell and growl as I struggle; frantic, panic-y behavior replaces my calm and collected demeanor at the thought of me dying here and leaving Whitney behind in the world.
Or worse…she could…turn me.
“Get off me you freak!!!!” I snarl.
I do my best to free my hands from her hold, but the hand that has them pinned down is as strong as, if not stronger than, a steel vice and her body which is straddling me is as heavy as a two ton safe. It baffles me how I’m not being crushed under her weight.
She looks particularly amused by my fruitless efforts to survive.
As I continue groaning and struggling, she brings her face lower. I shut my eyes, bracing myself for the incoming bite on my neck.
Thoughts of Whitney begin to race through my mind; how she always smiled, how she always teased me and tried to play pranks on me. How we both decided that we would finally be together after this final task.
I remember our most recent time together; last night.