The Fault In Our Stars: The Sequel

CHAPTER ONE

It's been a week now since Augustus died. It still doesn't feel real. Why him? I was the one with the messed up lounges. I was the one who couldn't breathe on my own. Cancer sucks.

I haven't talked to anyone in a week. I've been shut up in my room. Wishing this was all a bad dream. I decided to call up Issac.

"Hello"

"Hey Issac it's Hazel."

"Oh, hey Hazel, how are you?"

"Well the love of my life has been dead for a week now, I'm doing good", I said sarcastically. "I'm sorry. I'm okay I guess, I just miss him"

"I know we all do. Why don't you come over and let's talk about it?"

"Issac, I..."

"Hazel, being stuck up in your room isn't healthy. Gus wouldn't want that. He always wanted you happy. Come on"

He was right. I needed to get out. "I'll be there in a little."

The truth is, I don't wanna talk to anyone. I just wanna lay here and read Gus's letter over and over. When I get to Isaacs house I see him sitting on the porch.

"Hazel?"

"Yeah"

"You still haven't told me how Amsterdam was"

"It was amazing"

"Come on Hazel tell me details"

"It was amazing. It was everything I thought it would be and more. When we kissed it felt like it was just the two of us and everyone and everything just disappeared." I was smiling now. Talking about him made me so happy.

"He left this little drawing laying on his bed one day while I was over there and it was a circle that said 'Virgins' and then a little circle out side of the circle that said '17 year old boys with one leg'." At this point I was laughing and smiling. "Hazel why are you laughing? What does it mean?"

"It means he's a 17 year old non-virgin with one leg"

"Well I was wondering why he was laughing and looking at it. Well before my surgery"

At this point I wanted to tell him why I've been shut up in my room. At this moment I wanted Gus by my side. At this moment I couldn't hold it in anymore.

"Issac.."

"Yes Hazel?"

How was I gonna tell him? Do I just come out and tell him?

"I'm pregnant."

                  Chapter 2

"Issac please say something." I was crying at this point. Augustus isn't here to see his baby being born and be the father figure like he should. This is all wrong!
Issac puts his hand on my shoulder, "Hazel, don't be upset. Yes, Gus isn't here to be the father figure for the baby but you have your parents and I'll help as much as possible. Don't worry." He just don't understand. "Issac the doctor called three days ago, the philanaxfir stopped working, my cancer is getting worse and they said that the baby has only a 20% chance of living to birth and if it lives it could kill me." I let out a big sigh. My whole life is turned upside down now. "I've been thinking. Once I give birth to the baby I'm going to make my mom and dad the parents so my mom will still be a mom and my dad still be a dad and I'm going to make you the Godfather." He's smiling now "Hazel, you're a fighter. You'll get through this and the baby will be healthy and you'll be fine. I know it." I wouldn't know what to do without his positivity.

I'm at home now and as I'm telling my parents about being pregnant my mom starts crying and she holds my hand and mumbles "I'm proud of you. Everything is gonna be fine." With that I walk back to my room and start reading Gus's letter for the 1,000th time. It makes me feel closer to him. All I can hear in my head is "Okay Hazel Grace?" God the way he said my name gave me butterflies. "Okay." is all I managed before I drifted asleep.