10|Names|

| Lia |

"Where I came from, it's rude to ask someone anything without any introduction," I spat, openly glaring at the man who dared speak our parents' names.

"Miss Levina, I suggest you mind your behavior," Casper warned. "These are council representatives and─"

"That's alright, Casper." The Ilwani among the five beamed at me. "I am Barthier Lynx and these are my associates. Please, introduce yourselves."

"Morden Skinner," grunted the male Syren.

"Pedro Javier," said the Lupus man, making me clench my teeth harder, remembering how he killed papa, cruelly wrenching his heart from his chest.

Someday, I will take his own and crush it with my own hands. 

"Nereza Hart, Ivory Thorne," said the Suuri and the Lawin respectively.

"That wasn't so bad." I smirked.

Now I know your names. I will hunt you and I will kill you. 

"We're pleased to meet the council representatives. I'm sorry about my twin." She smacked my head playfully and laughed, but I did not miss the slight quiver in her hand. "She's a little rough since we were young. But to answer your question, no we've never heard of them. May I ask why you are asking us this question?"

"Hazel Levina was your mother, right?" asked Barthier.

"Yes, Sir. She was," replied Cassy.

"I see. Selena Hague was her close friend. She never mentioned her?" Barthier continued the interview, or should I say subtle interrogation.

"No, Sir." Cassy shook her head, meeting Barthier's eyes with the look of complete innocence.

Barthier pursed his lips and continued, "Did Hazel teach you any spells?"

"Some telekinesis and light sorcery. And we know a little on how to effectively block attack spells directed at us. But that was only recently, Sir," I explained.

Oh, how I wished I could fill this room with thorns big enough to impale them and kill them instantly.

Barthnier joined his hands together in a single loud clap. "Very well, is it okay for me to conduct a small test?" He was still smiling like an old creep.

"Fine." I shrugged.

Barthnier did not humble himself for he instantly surrounded himself with a sinister amount of mana that made Cassy and I jumped from our seats, providing a good amount of distance from him.

The corner of his lips tugged upward, and he carried this expression of superiority, like a predator playing with his prey. The other council representatives remained inscrutable.

Cassy conjured an invisible mana shield that surrounded the two of us.

He squinted his eyes and in a blink of an eye, he extinguished his mana display. I was a bit disappointed. I could have 'accidentally' attacked him back on the pretense of self-defense.

"That's curious." His smile was satisfactorily removed from his face. He motioned for Casper. "They were five on the Spectulus, right Casper?"

"Yes, Your Honor," Casper answered, his head slightly bowed.

"Interesting." He gave us back his attention. "Well then, thank you very much for your cooperation." He winked at us before the five of them disappeared into swathes of smoke.