i

Summary: Haruno Sakura travels back in time due to Kaguya's machinations. Unfortunately for her, Kaguya has a penchant for pretty bishounen boys and well...she went back as a guy. She's a he now apparently, but never mind. She- er he's Haruno Sakura for kami's sake. He'll adapt well enough and fix everything. Hopefully. AU. Drabbles.

Disclaimer: Naruto is not mine.

1.

When Haruno Sakura opened her eyes, she didn't expect the scene she was currently in.

After all, after fighting and striving hard to defeat Kaguya as one of the last shinobi standing, one wouldn't expect to return into one of her most cherished moments.

The day she and Ino became friends.

Was she having a last flashback perhaps? A last scene before finally going into the Pure World?

That's nice.

Although the memory was decidedly different than she remembered.

For one, Sakura was pretty sure her own purple-haired childhood menace, Ami, was flirting with her.

In a pull one's pigtails - girl's edition kind of way.

Despite the insults flying around - the most prominent of which was the huge forehead spiel-, the blushing cheeks were really quite telling. Very tsundere-ish. The snide smile she remembered the girl wearing at that time was replaced with something almost sweet.

To be honest, Sakura found the display kind of cute.

Definitely weird since they're both girls and it's way too early to explore one's preferences and sexuality at that time, but cute.

Weren't they supposed to be too young for this?

Not that she should be the one throwing stones since kami knows Sakura got obsessed with Sasuke at such a young age, but at least she had the decency not to start in the very first month of the academy.

Did this happen last time?

"Hey!" Ami protested, pouting indignantly. "Listen to me!"

Sakura was about to respond when Ino suddenly stood in front of her and came into the rescue.

...Although there's something strange about the picture, since Ino's facing Sakura instead.

Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Granted, Sakura wasn't really in trouble, but she's the one who's outnumbered here if the giggling girls behind Ami were taken into account.

"You shouldn't ignore a lady when she's speaking!" Ino announced righteously, one hand pointing in Sakura's direction in scolding and the other wedged on her hips. "Mama said that boys should act like gentlemen but, really, you're just rude." She shook her head in exasperation. "Never mind him Ami-chan. He's probably like Chouji and Shikamaru. Let's just get some flowers over there."

"But I..." Ami faltered, torn. Turning to Sakura, she continued. "Yuuto-kun, I just wanted to-"

"Come on." Ino persisted, dragging Ami and her entourage away. "He's not worth the effort."

Sakura could only stare at them dumbfounded and uncomprehending.

Yuuto-kun?

Who's that supposed to be?