eremin trash

I sat alone in the silence of my car, the red of the traffic lights piercing through the grey atmosphere. Rain bashed against my car as if it were never ending.

I managed to lose myself in the joy of watching the water droplets chase eachother to the bottom of my window until a small blonde figure caught my attention. I looked up at the boy who was trying so desperately to sheild himself from the constant lashings of wind and rain with nothing but his forearm dressed in a thin, tattered brown leather jacket. I laughed slightly at his miserable attempt and pressed the button to wind down the passenger seat window.

"Hey Armin!" I shouted over the sound of the rain.

"Huh? O-oh Eren hey!" He replied nervously, as if he had been caught doing something he shouldn't have done.

"What the hell are you doing out in the rain?! You don't even have a proper coat!"

"I was just on my way to the store to get some groceries"

I shook my head at his almost adorable attempts to normalise the current situation he was in. I leaned over to the passenger door and pushed it open and waited for him to get the hint and get in. However, he simply looked at me with a puzzled expression.

"Well, are you getting in or not? The light's about to turn green" I sighed.

He simply shook his head and slid into the black leather seat and closed the car door. 

I couldn't help but notice how his bright blonde hair looked mousey-brown when it was wet and clumped together and stuck to his defined jaw and rosy cheeks. His nose was also a soft pink colour from the cold and the rain had let itself sit on his plump lips as if it felt priveleged to be there. And even in the dark, miserable surroundings, his blue eyes never dulled. I smiled to myself as I realised Armin looked good even when he was a mess.

"Thanks Eren, I didn't expect to see you around here" Armin said, breaking me from my thoughts.

"Ah, don't worry about it! I couldn't let a poor guy like you stay out in that weather, what kind of friend would I be if I did?" 

Armin chuckled every so gently, it was only just audible but it made me happy hearing him laugh. As the lights turned green I made a left at the next junction and headed down the road towards a tall glass building which stood out from the old brick buildings neighbouring it, rows of green shrubs littered it's entrance in an attempt to make it seem less flashy and try hard and more inviting than it actully was.

"Eren, what are we doing here? I needed to go to the store"

"If you think I'm gonna let you stay in wet clothes Armin Arlert then you're an idiot"

From the corner of my eye I noticed Armins head fall slightly and his hair fell covering his unmissable flushed cheeks as he half smiled.