Hilda Berg X Reader

Requested By: Gelotophobic and Loribakersville

Key=
(y/n) = your name
(l/n) = last name
(n/n) = your nickname

[Author's POV]
Cuphead and Mugman had  just given everyone their soul contracts back, giving the freedom they finally deserve. Every boss and resident of Inkwell Isle is having a jolly old time, at a town party that's being held in celebration! They're dancing, laughing, mingling, and chatting.... well.... everyone but (y/n) that is. Instead he's/she's on the sidelines, being teased by his friends. Ya wanna know why? Because a certain someone who stole (y/n)'s heart is at the party too.....

[(y/n) POV]
"Come ooooooooon! (y/n)! Just go make a move on her already!" Cagney groaned. I ignored him, and watched as the one and only Hilda talked to her friend Cala Maria while drinking punch. I sighed dreamily, with a dumb grin plastered on my face.

The way she laughed.... the way she smiled.... her beautiful face..... her wonderful personality..... her- SHE TURNED TO LOOK AT ME!!! I quickly jumped onto my feet from the table we sat at was, awkwardly trying to do a cool pose before waving. But instead I fell onto the hard ground.

"OH NO!! Did she see me?! What is she doing now?" I panicked still laying in the ground. Baroness who was sitting to my right before I fell, awkwardly waved and smiled to the direction Hilda was at, before turning to me with a smirk and rolled her eyes. "Ya. She saw. And gave a look that looked like she thought you were a nut.... but she also smiled" her smirking face was held my her hand and elbow, leaning on the table as she helped me back onto my seat.

Me, Cagney, Baroness, and Djimmi we're sitting at a table for four. With Baroness on my right, Djimmi on my left, and Cagney across from me.

"Just go up and talk to her. Remember she's your friend, so it shouldn't be that hard" Djimmi said patting my back.
"It's just... j-just.... Ugh it's hard to explain..... its more than a high school crush.... it's more than liking her...... I love her......" I said looking down.
"Awwwww (n/n) that's so cute! Now get up and show that to her!!!" Baroness yelled sassily.
"Well she probably doesn't even like me. She probably thinks I'm just a friend..." I mumbled loud enough for them to hear.
"Ahhhhh you're hopeless (y/n)" Cagney rolled his eyes with a joking smile.

After that we all kept our mouths shut and watched others dance at the middle of the room. While they watched people dance, I watched my beautiful Hilda. This went on for about 10 minutes before Baroness said "Soooooo, did you guys hear about Mugman?"

[Baroness Von Bon's POV]
"Soooooo, did you guys hear about Mugman?" I asked trying to sound casual, when really a plan popped in my head. Djimmi and Cagney turned to me questionably, while (y/n) ignored me and continued to watch Hilda.

"What about Mugman?" asked Cagney and Djimmi.
I looked at (y/n), seeing he/she was taking a sip of water, before turning to the other two and replying casually "I heard he's thinkin' 'bout asking Hilda out on a date". I heard (y/n) spit out the water he/she was drinking.
"Wha-what?!" (y/n) voice cracked, finally paying attention to me.

The other two were looking at me weird when I said that, but I winked at at them as a signal, while (y/n) was cleaning the water he/she spit out.

I think they caught on because they smirked and Djimmi said "Oh right! I heard about that! He's had a crush on her for the longest time!"
"Ya, I even heard he may dance with her tonight" Cagney said.
"Sorry (y/n). But I think Mugman is going to beat'chya to her. You're to scared anyway..." I shook my head, pretending to be disappointed in (y/n).

My vision was centred on Djimmi and Cagney, when they pointed over at (y/n) with scared faces. I looked over and saw a red faced (y/n) with steam coming out of his ears.

[(y/n) POV]
I was about to explode out of anger. They looked at me in fear, but then I saw Cagney smirk and stared me in the eyes with a challenging look before he said "I was actually thinking of asking her out myself, she's really pre- aughsjjsjshs!!". That was enough to send me over the edge, causing me to grab Cagney by the stem were his throat is suppose to be, choking him.

"Don't. You. Dare..." I growled "I'm not about to lose MY Hilda, to a pathetic kid, with a cup for a head OR a douche bag, rotten flower!". I harshly let go of his throat and mumbled loud enough for them to hear "I'll show you guys scared!".

I jerked my body to stand up and marched across the dance floor to where Hilda sat. I was in the middle of the place, when I realized what I just did and what I'm about to do. 'I'll apologize later... but I'm already halfway there and if I turn back now they'll make even more fun of me! I'll just have to do it! Prepare yourself for the best and the worst
(y/n)!' I told myself.

Sighing I continued my journey to the light of my life. I gathered up all my confidence as I slid though the crowd of people... but.... all that confidence slipped away when I saw my gorgeous Hilda up close.

My face turned bright red.... I could hear my heart thumping in my chest rapidly.... I gulped and slowly walked up to Hilda and Cala. They noticed my presence when I was at least two feet away.

"Oh hello (y/n)!" Cala said in her usual happy tone.
"H-hi..." I smiled sheepishly.
"Heya! (y/n)! Here to grab some punch?" Hilda asked.
"U-ummm n-no... I-I was actually h-here be-because-" My face burned "umm because.... I want-wanted to ask-"
"Just spit it out already (y/n)! No need to be nervous!" Cala laughed.
I breathed in and then out "Ok! S-so I was wondering H-Hilda... if you wa-wanna go on a d-date- I MEAN DANCE WITH ME!!" I sputtered out. 'Ugh that was so embarrassing!' I was a blushing mess! I covered my face with my hands, while I waited for rejection.

"Of course!!" I heard Hilda squeal, taking my hands away from my face gently, so I was face to face with her amazing smile. I looked over and saw Cala smirking with a thumbs up, before Hilda hugged me and pulled me onto the dance floor.

We did a slow dance to match the music, both occasionally trip on one another, but it was fine. She soon put her head on my chest with her arms around my neck, while I held onto her waist. I had a goofy grin on my already rose red face.

We slowly danced in each others embrace, until I heard her say "and yes I would love to go on a date with you (y/n)". I smiled wider if that was possible and quietly mumbled...

"I love you Hilda..."
"I love you too (y/n)..."

Word Count: 1265 words
Thank you Gelotophobic and Loribakersville for requesting. I'm sorry Mugs! And Cagney! I hope you like it! Bye~Bye!

Please vote, comment, share, review and request!