Chapter 24

Hope you guys liked the bonus chapter but now it's time to get to some action. Ok, it's mostly in the next chapter but it'll start at the end of this one

I love the song on the side and I thought this fit for Paige and James. It even fits for Ariel and her mate (hint, hint!). NO, Paige and James are not getting married right now. I just wanted to make sure that's clear. 

Thank you to everyone who votes and comments and fans because it's very much appreciated :)

(Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes)

****************************************************************************************

                                                            Chapter 24

Paige’s POV:

            I shouldn’t have let him.

            I really shouldn’t have let James kiss me. I just couldn’t help it, though. His words to me were so sweet, filled with such tenderness and honesty it had me frozen in shock for a moment. In the next moment he was leaning towards me and then our lips were touching and it was…magical. Corny right? I can’t describe the kiss because it was so many things, so many emotions that we’d had bottled up and were now releasing that. I can say that was probably the best kiss I’ll ever have in my lifetime.

            “You shouldn’t have done that.” I murmured when he pulled away a few moments ago. His cheeks were flushed and his eyes were filled with excitement. He looked so utterly gorgeous at the moment I couldn’t help myself from reaching up and bringing his head back down.

            Now I was the one kissing him.

            James seemed surprised by my sudden bold move but quickly got over it. His hands tangled in my hair and pulled lightly to bring my head further up, giving him more access. I couldn’t find it in myself to pull back or push him away. I was a goner the minute he’d kissed me. His words brought hope in me that perhaps he would be able to deal with me and the baggage I bring. There just might be a chance for us to be as happy as my parents, as Sutton and Evan, so clearly were. I’d wanted their fairytale love when I was growing up and here, kissing my mate, I slowly started to let myself believe that there was a chance I could have it.

            “I shouldn’t have done that.” I murmured once again when we were both breathless. James smirked down at me before pecking me once more.

            “Feel that?” He asked, sliding his lips over mine before pulling away. “We’re meant to be together Paige. Now at the risk of sounding wimpy and totally girly, I’m just going to say that was the best kiss of my life. Actually, all of those kisses were mind blowing. After feeling that, I’m not letting you go. You’re mine Paige, my mate…my everything.”

            His eyes were so genuine, bursting with honesty, that I couldn’t help but believe him.

            “Well if it makes you feel any better,” I reached up and smoothed lines across his shoulders. “I think that a guy who isn’t afraid to get sentimental is sexy.”

            “Really now?” James brought his face closer and slid his lips along my cheek.

            “Utterly sexy.” I whispered.

            “Well then consider my sentimental.” He murmured back before bringing me in for another long kiss. This one was sweeter, like we had all the time in the world.