I Want To Go Home

{Ramses's POV}
•[Two Years Ago]•
It was the night of June 22 of the year 2015, me and Lucy were alone and that's when John broke into our house and threatened to kill Lucy.
"I am going to take away what you took from me, Ramses" said John pointing a gun at Lucy.
"No—please, don't kill her, kill me, she doesn't deserve to die" I said crying and frozen in place.
"I love you Ramses but please—'' Lucy tried to speak but that's when the most devastating thing happened, John shot twice at Lucy.
It all happened so fast that I didn't have enough time to process Lucy being shot so I ran as fast as I could to punch John in the face, he then left the house and I then ran towards Lucy, carried her in my arms and ran as fast as I could to the nearest hospital I could find.
"Lucy, hey, stay with me okay, you are not going to die" I said with a stream of tears running down my cheeks that fell down on Lucy's red-stained white T-shirt.
"You have to promise me that you won't push people away, I don't want you to be depressed" She said with her hand touching my cheek.
The doctors eventually took her and sent her to the operating room. I don't know how long I have been sitting down in the waiting room, seconds felt like hours and hours felt like days. Eventually the doctors came to the waiting room and told me that the surgery wasn't successful. Those words kept on haunting me.
________________________________
•[Present Day]• June 22,2017
"Hey, Ramses, Ramses, EARTH-TO-RAMSES!!" yelled Sebastian.
"Huh? Sorry, what were you saying?" I said
"I asked if you want to help the new guy around till he understands how we work at Incognito?" He asked with a bit of annoyance in his words.
"Yeah, I'll do it but I don't want to keep on helping the new guys" I said in a rude toned voice.
"His name is Ethan and he is a cheerful and nice guy, we need that around here ever since, you stopped being the cheerful one two years ago." He said.
"Yeah, yeah, I know, but can I leave early today? It's her death anniversary . . . ''I said. Sebastian sighed and let me go home early.
*Time skip*
I had a bouquet of flowers that Lucy loved in my arms and her favorite homemade chocolate bar. The sky was gray and it was my late wife's death anniversary, I went to her grave and left the bouquet of flowers and the chocolate bar there. I noticed a man whom was also at the cemetery, he was crying and leaning against a grave. It then started to rain and I only had one umbrella but the guy didn't seem to have one, so I ran towards him and gave him my umbrella.
"Here, I don't need it" I said trying not to sound rude but failed.
"Thank you, names Ethan"He said smiling. I thought to myself that there could be more than one person named Ethan so I didn't think much of it.
"Ramses, my name is Ramses. Don't stay out too late, you might catch a cold." I said trying to be nice.
Nice, was I actually trying to be nice to Ethan? I barely know him and I told him my name. Luckily I won't see him around.
================================
{A/N- Hoped you liked the first chapter of When Love Hurts, I'll try to update twice a month or more}