CHAPTER SEVEN

"Sooner or later your human side loses

"Sooner or later your human side loses. It has to."

I sat back, smiling as I watched Nik paint what looked like a snow flake. I was wearing one of his black shirts that went down to my thighs, and nothing else.

"Looks like a giant snowflake."

I sighed in irritation as the voice of Stefan Salvatore filled my ears. I sat up and pulled the shirt down further, feel a little selfconscious as another man was in my presence. I looked over at Nik to see him huff.

Without turning to Stefan, Nik said, "I prefer to think of it as an expression of post-modernism. It's my donation to the winter wonderland charity event."

At that moment, a hybrid, Adrian, walked in, his brown eyes glancing over to where I sat. "You said it was urgent?"

Nik nodded, his jaw clenching as he gained his hybrids attention, "Yes. Take this to the mystic grill immediately."

Adrian pursed his lips, "You want me to be a delivery guy?"

Nik threatningly walked towards him, "What I want is for you to do whatever I say, without the attitude."

Adrian forced a smile and scoffed before walking over to grab the painting.

"Be careful with that," I said, smirking as Adrian looked over at me, "It's still wet." Adrian narrowed his eyes at me as he left.

Stefan rose his eyebrows at me, "Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves, you know."

Nik smiled in amusement, "What is the point of my hybrids being sired to me if I can't maximize on the benefits of free labor?"

Stefan looked down, scoffing out a laugh.

Nik narrowed his eyes as I got up from the couch, the shirt rising up a little. Nik sped out of the room and came back with one of his sweat pants before handing it to me. I sent him a grateful smile, tippy toed, and pecked his lips as a than you before putting on the sweat pants.

Nik smiled at me before looking to Stefan, "What are you doing here?"

Stefan stepped forward, "Elena is sired to Damon."

"I intuited as much," Nik smirked as I stood there, shocked.

Stefan nodded, "Which means I need to find the cure now more than ever, and here you are making post-modern snowflakes."