CHAPTER TEN

"Hungry dogs are never loyal

"Hungry dogs are never loyal."

From where I sat on the couch in a curled up position, I continued to stare at Kol's charred body. The longer I looked at him, the more I felt a weight weigh down on my heart.

"Morning, Sunshine's." I continued to stare at Kol's body as I heard Tyler's very annoying voice. "You both look pathetic."

Nik, who I saw glance at me in the corner of his eyes, said, "Only until Bonnie's spell locking me in here wears off. Then I'll look different. Angrier, perhaps. Or, I won't look like anything, because I'll have gouged your eyeballs from their sockets!"

I saw Tyler smirk, "My friends will be back with the cure by then. So, I could shove it down your throat and make you mortal."

Nik glared at him, "I'm an original. What makes you think my entire vampire bloodline won't be cured along with me? I.E., you."

Tyler tilted his head and pushed himself away from the wall. "You know what I think?" He glanced at me, "I think that's impossible. I think the moment you stop being a vampire, our whole blood connection to you is broken, and your sire-line ceases to exist. So, whatever happens to you happens only to you, which means I can kill your ass and no one else has to die. Although I am still debating just how to do it."

Angrily, I got up and faced Tyler. "I recommend drowning. There's nothing quite like the feeling of someone fighting for something as basic as human breath. And let me tell you, your mother was a fighter." Tyler tilted his head and glared at me as I looked at him with determinance and anger.

_______

The front door opened and I turned around to see Caroline walking towards Tyler. "You're still here? What are you doing?"

Tyler turned to her, "Gloating."

I stood up and looked Caroline in the eyes, trying to keep my anger at bay, "Hello, Caroline."

Caroline turned away from me and towards Tyler. "Come home. Don't stoop to his or her level."

Tyler shook his head. "He destroyed my life. I plan on being present for every second of his misery until I can kill him myself. And to make things even better, i'll kill Spencer right in front of him."

Caroline exhaled deeply, "Fine. You can gloat and multitask. This place is a disaster. Starting with a horrific burnt corpse." I sucked in a huge breath as they covered Kol's charred body with a sheet.