CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE

"I will love you, always and forever."

SOME time before the events of The Battle of New Orleans, Spencer sat in a rocking chair in the baby's room, where she is writing a letter

SOME time before the events of The Battle of New Orleans, Spencer sat in a rocking chair in the baby's room, where she is writing a letter. Klaus entered the room and leaned in the doorway.

"Writing a love letter to one of your old flames? That jackass you once told me about? Oh, what about Damon?" Spencer rolled her eyes. "Don't tell me it's me?" They both laughed.

Spencer laughed. "I swear, you're such an idiot sometimes." She gestured towards Klaus who continued to laugh. Spencervthen groaned when the baby started to kick.

Klaus walked towards his girlfriend. "How is our littlest wolf?"

"Do you want to...?" Spencer rubbed her baby bump. Klaus stepped back, looking nervous, and Spencer gave him a look. "Come on!" She gestured to her belly. Klaus reached out and touched her belly, and he's startled when he felt the baby kick. "You feel that?" They both laughed in amazement.

Klaus smiled and passionately kissed the girl of his dreams. "I love you both so much."

IN a voiceover, Spencer narrated her letter as the scene cut to her giving birth with the help of the witches.

"Dear Zoe...or Kaitlyn...or Angela. To my little girl. Your dad just asked if this was a love letter. I guess it kind of is. I barely got to know my mother before she was taken from me. I have no idea what she must have thought when she carried me."

Spencer screamed at Genevieve and Monique. "Let go of me!"

"So, I thought I'd write to you, so you can know how happy I am at this very moment. How much your father and I can't wait to meet you..."

The door opened to the church and Klaus limped in.

Spencer stopped struggling as soon as she saw him. Klaus lunged towards a witch guard and ripped his head off. Abigail and Genevieve linked hands and telekinetically pinned Klaus to the wall.

"And, I want to make you a promise, of three things that you will have that I never did: a safe home, someone to tell you that they love you every single day, and someone to fight for you, no matter what."

Klaus fought against the spell pinning him to the wall, but he cannot get free. Monique and Abigail anchor the spell and went back to Spencer.