Chapter 1

It was around midnight, and the alley was only lit by a small lamp and moonlight. She stood in the shadows waiting for the right time to attack. Unfortunately for her, the demon took notice of her red and black eyes glowing through her hair. The demon snarled and jumped forward. She smirked, then pulled her sword from where it rested at her side. She swung the sword, slicing the demon into two. The dead body fell to the ground, turning to ash within seconds.

Katrina's P.O.V

"Evan, where did you go? I swear if you left me to hang around Anna again, i'm going to slit your throat when you sleep."

As I yelled, the small light in the alley flickered and died. I heard footsteps behind me, then a deep male voice echoed.

"Hey babe, why are you out here alone?" The man spoke as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"I'm not alone; I'm here with my deadbeat boyfriend who was supposed to help me kill this demon." I said, pushing his arm off, walking away before he could try anything else.

"Well, I'm Dante. At least tell me your name before you leave, babe." He yelled as the sun started rising.

I turned around, figuring that just telling him my name wouldn't matter. Moreover, he had already told me his -there really wasn't much to lose here. Just as the sun rose above the horizon, I turned, meeting icy blue eyes, white silvery hair, and a red coat. I froze for a second, then collected my thoughts before speaking.

"Katrina." Winking, I walked away.

I heard him chuckle to himself before yelling something in my direction.

"Okay. Hope to see you again, Kat." He voiced, still chuckling softly.

I blushed a little bit. My boyfriend Evan called me Kat as well, but there was just something different about the way Dante said it. I wasn't paying much attention as his words ran through my head.

Just as I turned the corner of the alley, an inevitable figure appeared in my path that I couldn't avoid. My loss of balance would have had me greeting the floor, and yet arms caught me. The eyes I hadn't realised were closed opened to see a welcome sight of Evan's lips coming on the attack, latching on to my own with his arms wrapped around my waist

"Where did you end up, you ass?" I spat angrily.

"Aww, why so angry? I just wanted to see you fight on your own. You're sexy when you're all worked up. It's such a shame that I let someone else see that cute blush of yours." He said kissing me again. I pulled away and punched him in the shoulder, walking away.

Third Person P.O.V

Evan and Katrina started walking to school so that they wouldn't be late for 1st period. They were in their 3rd year of college. Most times, they were not even in class; they were hunting demons. Most of the students had figured that they were out doing adult things instead of in class. All the staff members knew that it was their job to keep everyone safe so they didn't really care. The concern of the staff members was upon everyone's safety more than anything.

Time Skip to 3rd period

Kat was in the middle of English when Evan walked in, talking to the teacher for a second. The teacher caught her attention and told her it was time to go, motioning towards Evan. Kat got up from her seat and headed to the door, thanking her teacher. Once they got out of the school, they headed to their next job.

Dante's P.O.V

I sat, reading a magazine and eating a piece of pizza. Morrison walked in with Lady following behind. The man sat down on one of the two sofas, and it was safe to assume that there was a new job request coming.

"I think you should take this job, Dante. They're paying a decent amount and it's just down the street. It's at that old looking house; they are being tormented by demons." he said in a monotone.

"Sure, why not? I'm caught up on sleep and am pretty bored at the moment." I replied. However, the truth was that I just couldn't get Kat off my mind and needed something to do or I'd end up going insane. "Why are you here then, Lady? I don't have any money to give you right now." i said boredly.

"Have you heard of the two people that have recently become devil hunters? I heard the girl has short black hair and black and red eyes. Her boyfriend has blond hair and chocolate colored eyes. If you're not careful they will be taking all of the good jobs. You will never be able to pay off your debt at this rate." Lady laughed a bit.

"I don't really mind; I've already met the girl. Her name is Katrina, and she said her boyfriend is a deadbeat." I mumbled with a piece of pizza in my mouth as i got up to throw on my coat, heading out for the job.

(A/N vote and comment for more and thank you to zerlinaquinn for helping me edit they are amazing writers)