Chapter 2

It was the second period of the day, History. I walk in the room and sit down. For the most part it was a rather normal day. All we had to do was some simple book work. I finished up early and was resting my head on my hand as i started drifting to sleep. Just then the door creaked open throwing me back into reality.

Evan walks through the door smiling largely in my direction. He walks over to the teacher and whispers to him. I grab my bag and stand up walking towards him.

"Thank you for understanding as well as you do professor." i smile and he smiles back nodding as we high five each other. Evan grabs my hand and we walk out the door, hearing whispering from the other students in the class.

"So what are we doing today?" i ask pretending to be excited. I pull my hand away from his and take a step to the side so there is a bit more space between us.

"The old house by the lake, they are having problems with smaller demons because of the lake." he pulls me close again this time wrapping his arm around my shoulders instead.

"Are you going to ditch me for Anna again." I huff unlocking the door and walking into my small apartment. I grab my rapier from under my bed and throw on my black trench coat that reached my knees.

"I didn't ditch you she just needed my help." He walks in and hugs me from behind his arms around my waist.

"So you left me to fight alone? Thanks." I shake my head pulling away from him.

"Do you have everything?" He smirk and nods in response

"Then let's get out of here." I lock my apartment door and walk ahead of him still fuming. The smirk never leaves his face.

Katrina's P.o.V

We get in view of the house and i can sense the demons inside. I move a little closer to Evan.

"I-I thought you said it was s-small demons." i try to keep composure. He smiles down at me and pulls my into a hug patting my head.

"It will be okay. You are strong." He chuckles. "Trust me i've watched you enough to know that." i hug back tightly then run up to the building slowly opening the door.

Dante's P.o.V

I walk down the front steps of Devil May Cry and head to the house. I near the house and see Kat walk in followed by a blond, presumably her boyfriend.

"Why do i feel this way towards her i've only met her once. Seeing her and her boyfriend together makes me mad." I whisper to myself walking up to the building. I open the door and three large demons run at me. I easily take out the demons looking around the room i spot Kat holding her own against the demons.

Three more demons appear behind me as i turn away from Kat to slice all three demons in half with one fluid motion. I hear a loud crash and a sharp screech. I quickly turn to see Kat pinned against the wall by a larger demon.

"KAT!" both me and Evan yell at the same time running towards her. We both get blocked by other demons.

I slash through the demons just as the one who has Kat pinned whispers something to her then stabs her midsection. She coughs up blood and smiles at Evan.