Chapter 1 - Loud Silence

(This will be Naruto's p.o.v this chapter, but the rest of the story is third person view. Thank you everyone who has not given up on me, I have really been trying my best with writing and stuff. :) )

Sakura, my best friend, stared at me with her piercing green eyes. "Black or red? Why is it so hard to answer?"

"Huh?" I woke back to reality.

She sighed loudly, crossing her arms. "You're making it really hard not to punch you right now."

I smiled, her pushing back my IV just a little.

Her eyes were sad for a moment, but she laid down beside me and rested her head on my shoulder. "I miss him too," she grabbed my hand, "but is he really worth destroying yourself over?"

I looked down at our hands, so much has happened since our happy days. The only good thing to come from it was bringing Sakura and I together.. But its sad that it took losing our comrade, our friend, over. I felt warm yet empty. This hollow place within me, once so full and big, ready to burst any moment. Noe it just ached for arms that didn't want me.

The lump in the back of my throat was getting larger, nobody had knew about the secret meetings. The Sasuke only I knew. Or that I had helplessly fallen in love with him..

"The red one.. Red was always your color."

------------------------------------------------------

Hinata peeked in after knocking, she had watched over me when Sakura was busy. "Naruto-kun? You awake?"

I sat up, stretching and shutting the TV off, "hey Hinata."

She came in, standing shyly beside me fiddling with her fingers. "Sorry I haven't been by for awhile.." She handed me some ramen cups wrapped in a red scarf, "but um, I was making this for you."

I looked at it for a long moment.

"I-I'm sorry that it isn't much.. And not your color.. I was running oh out of materials and I-"

"I love it," I softly smiled for her, "thank you Hinata."

Her face got redder when she looked up at me with surprise, her bangs halfway covering her lavender eyes. "Re-really? You mean it?"

"Of course! Its the best scarf ever!" I went to give her a thumbs up, but my IV started to fall out.

She rushed over, quickly grabbing my hand and fixing it. "Please be careful Naruto-kun." She held her hands together, "Sakura-chan only showed me a few things.."

I looked up at her, going to brush the hair out of her face when Sakura-chan rushed in.

"Sorry I'm late Naruto, I got caught up with other patients med-" she blinked at us, half way taking off her lab coat. "Oh, I'm sorry."

Hinata shook her head with a small smile, "it's okay Sakura-chan, I was just about to head out.." She looked over at me with tinted cheeks and a forced smile, "get well soon, Naruto."

Sakura stared sadly at the ground, then took the ramen cups and put one in the microwave, the rest in the cabinet. She pulled my backpack off her back and started to put my things in for when I get out.

I looked down, feeling guilty, like a burden. "Sakura-chan.."

She folded the scarf into my bag for me with a small smile, "she's really talented."

I smiled to her, "yeah, that she is."

She hung a tux with an orange tie on the door.

She came over to me with a thermometer, putting it under my tongue. Looking at it, she sighed and put her head in her hand. "You've gotten worse.."

"I'm sorry Sakura, I-"

"Please," I saw tears forming, and her fight to hold them back, "please Naruto, just let me think."

I nodded, sliding back down into the hospital bed and closing my eyes, the foggy memory killing me.

She got up and kissed my cheek, grabbing my hand. "I know you're worried about the surgery, but everyone will be waiting for you. And i will be your doctor."

"I know, that's what scares me." I teased with a smile.

She playfully punched my arm, giving me one more smile before giving me my food and walking out.