¤One¤

A soft groan escaped a black haired boy when the car ran over a bump on the road. His eyelids fluttered open to reveal dark lovely eyes that shifted to look out the window of his father's car. The boy lifted his head from its uncomfortable position against the backseat to get a better look at the foreign area. While gazing out the window, a delicate hand reached up to pull out one of the earphones from his ear. With the removal of the earphone, the boy was now able to hear the chatter of his mother and father coming from the front seats. Not really paying attention to the conversation, the raven haired boy only picked up on bits and pieces of what his parents were saying.

"I wonder how much longer until we arrive." His mother asked his father, who was driving the car.

"We shouldn't be that far. It should probably take us another twenty minutes to arrive." His father responded to is mother.

The boy leaned back against the seat, leaning his head against the leather seat. Just as he was about to doze off again, he heard his mother call out his name. "Mahiro, sweetie, how are you holding up back there?"

Mahiro shifted his dark gaze towards his mother's sweet face and nodded once. "I'm fine, mom." He spoke in a soft tone.

"Okay sweetie. We should be there soon. Why don't you take another nap until we arrive." Before Mahiro could get the chance to speak, the deep sound of his father's voice answered instead.

"I think he's slept enough, dear. Isn't that right, son?" His father glanced towards the rear view mirror at his son.

Instead of saying anything, Mahiro simply nodded his head and sunk down into the seat, folding his arms across his chest. Placing the earphone back into his ear, the boy turned his attention back out the window.

Much to his dismay, Mahiro had dozed off again, and was suddenly shaken awake rather roughly by his father. "It's time to wake up, Mahiro. We're here." Once Mahiro had woken up completely, his father moved away from the backseat and stepped over to his wife, who was looking at the village with sparkling eyes.

"Oh, what a lovely place. I love it! Especially our house!" He could hear his mother say as she smiled brightly while looking at the village then at their home.

Mahiro unfastened his seat belt and stepped out of the car. In his opinion, the village looked rather eerie. Especially with all the building sharing the same dark colors. Including their own house which they parked in front of. Closing the back door, Mahiro stuffed his hands into the pockets of his oversized jacket and stepped over to his parents. He looked up at their new home and couldn't shake this uneasy feeling. There was something he didn't like about this house. Hell, there was something he didn't like about this village in general. However, for the sake of not wanting to anger or annoy his parents (mostly his father), Mahiro didn't say anything.

"Let's get settled in then we can take a look around the village." His father turned to look at him. "Mahiro, start grabbing the luggage while your mother unlocks the front door.

Simply nodding his head, Mahiro began assisting his father in bringing all of their belongings inside of their house. When the boy stepped inside of the house, the eerie feeling increased a little bit. Of course, he had to shake off the feeling for the benefit of his parents. It took him and his father about thirty minutes to bring all of their luggage inside of the house. Mahiro had carried his own belongings into his new bedroom and began unpacking. He sighed softly as he opened the doors of the dresser that was the right side of the room and began placing his clothes inside folded neatly.

It didn't take Mahiro long to set up his bedroom since he didn't have much belongings to begin with. Sitting down on his newly made bed, the boy turned to look out his window. His bedroom was located in the back, so his window was facing the trees that were behind their house. Mahiro stood from his bed and stepped towards the window and looked at the trees as the leaves rustled from the gentle wind. While looking out, something white caught Mahiro's attention and he froze. What was that? Was there something amongst the trees? Before Mahiro had the chance to lean out his window for a better look, he heard his mother calling out his name. "Yeah?" He answered softly.

"Mahiro, honey, your father and I are going to take a walk around the village. Why don't you come with us?"

Mahiro pondered over the offer for a moment before nodding his head slowly. "Sure." It made him happy when he saw a sweet smile appeared on his mother's beautiful face.

"Great! Come on, we are about to leave!" His mother left his bedroom, leaving Mahiro alone once again. The raven haired boy sighed softly before glancing out his window at the trees once again. Not wanting to worry about what he saw, he left his bedroom and closed the door behind him. He walked down the stairs to see his parents waiting for him.

"Alright. Let's go. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the village and meeting everyone." His father said as he wrapped his arm around his wife's shoulders.

"I wonder if they will welcome us. Oh, I hope so." Mahiro's mother said with a joyous smile.

"I'm sure they will, dear."

Mahiro followed his parents out of their house. He was nervous about meeting the other people of the village. He was worried they would think he was weird. However, if that became the case, it was something he was used to. Stuffing his hands into the pockets of his oversized jacket, Mahiro followed his parents with his head down.