My Broken Heart

Second week of school when I first saw him. He's in front me, also waiting for a jeep. He is tall, a height of a basketball player, dark and handsome. My ideal man! I think, I like him now. Pero hanggang sa pila ko lang s'ya nakasabay, sabi nga nila, pinunan n'ya ang pagkukulang ng iba.

I thought I will never see him again, 'cause it's been months since I last see him, but I was wrong.

My friends and I, decided to eat our lunch in the University Canteen since we have a class after an hour. We are looking for a vacant table when I see him. He's also here! And he is alone! Beside him is a vacant table we are looking for.

One of my friend, Dianne goes there! She planned this! My friends knows about my feelings for this man! Yes, I do have a crush on him since the first day I saw him.

I know he already see us 'cause he smile at us. What should I do? Should I say Hi? Or should I smile back? Whatever, I choose the first one.

Umupo ako patalikod sa kanya. While I'm eating my lunch, suddenly a glass of water appeared on my side. I look up just to see him offering a water.

I grab it and say "Thank you"

He smile at me and say "See you around, Sam"

See you around, Sam? Do i heard it right? Oh my! I remember! Naki-upo s'ya sa amin noong vacant time namin at lagi n'ya akong nahuhuling nakatingin sa kanya kahit na may dumating na babae at umupo sa tabi nya. My friends says "Siguro, girlfriend n'ya 'yun".

Day's goes by, and we became friends. I also meet his girlfriend. Yes, he have a girlfriend. Tama nga ang mga kaibigan ko. Girlfriend n'ya nga ang babaeng tumabi sa kanya noong naki-upo s'ya sa amin. And they almost three years.

Until one day, I saw him talking with his girl. Then suddenly the girl walks out and leave him hanging. Before I come to him, he punch the wall and I see a blood on his arm! Shocks! What happened? Why he suddenly like this? What should I do? When he saw me standing and looking at him. He smile at me. A sad smile.

"She break up with me" - he said.

I don't know what will I say. Instead, niyakap ko sya at naramdaman ko ang pag iyak n'ya sa balikat ko.

After their break up. He change. He learn how to smoke and every night he let himself drunk by drinking a liquor. He even dyes his hair. Sometimes we argue because of what he's doing to his self. I am just worry that he will drive his motorbike while he's drunk.

In the middle of night. I receive a call from him. He was crying while asking me "Ano ba ang nagawa kong mali?" "Bakit n'ya ko iniwan?"

I know he need someone who will listen for his pain. Being one of his friends. I decided to go to their house. Even though my momma will got mad at me for leaving our house in the middle of the night, but I will make my momma to understand me.

I arrived to their house. His mom opened the door for me. I see on her face that she also worried for his son.

"Andoon sya sa kwarto n'ya. Hindi ko na alam ang gagawin ko sa batang iyon." - his mom said.

"Wag na po kayong mag alala. Magiging maayos din po s'ya, Tita." - I assured his mom.

"Salamat, iha."

I went to his room. I knocked the door and opened it.

I saw him sitting on his bed, beside him is a broken guitar. He broke his guitar. I sit beside him.

"Hey, what happened?" - I asked him.

"I saw her. She's happy with her new guy." - he answered.

His tears started to fall down in his cheeks.

I looked away and said "Then forget her. Maybe, she's not the one for you."

"How? I love her so much."

Lucky girl. How can she left this man?

"I don't know. Maybe, find another girl or you should focus on your career."

A silence cover us. But he suddenly said.

"Can you be that girl?"

"What?! Me?! Are you serious?!" - I'm shocked on what he said.

He just nods.

"What is your plan?" - i asked him.

"Make her jealous so she will come back to me again."

He looked at me when I didn't answer him.

"Please, until she come back to me?" He begs.

"Fine, until she come back"

And that night, I see his smile, his sweet and happy smile.

I support his plan even though I will get hurt in return. Maybe, i just love him - NO I already fall in love with him.

After a year, his plan worked. They already came back together. And here I am, hurting while watching them.

I went to their house to say goodbye to him, for our friendship or for our fake relationship? I don't know, maybe both.

I decided not to show up to him, so I gave my goodbye letter to his mom. In the goodbye letter, written all my feelings towards him, since the first day I saw him. And for telling him that I will leave him now.

My friends and I decided to transfer to another school. They wanted to go with me. Yeah, I'm so grateful that I have them in my life. They never leave me.

I'm still happy that I experience being one of his girl, and glad that he already back to his old self. But deep inside of me, I'm broken into pieces. I'm sure, when he read my goodbye letter, we will not see each other anymore.

I don't have any regret of what happened in my life, that I once fall in love to an instructor. Yes, he is an instructor but not one of my instructors.

Someday, I will forget him and this feelings, it will fade away. And I will meet someone to fix my broken heart and will love me more than anything else.