16

My phone starts ringing at 9 in the morning. Chandler groans beside me. I answer the phone.

"Hello," I ask.

"Jacqueline Sierra Timor," I hear.

"Mom?"

"Yes."

"What's wrong?"

"I have been calling you for an hour."

"Sorry, the girls and I stayed up late last night."

"The top of the cafe has graffiti all over the top of it and I know it was you."

"Graffiti?"

"Yes. It's a pink flower and that's what the painting in your room is. I expect you to be home in 10 minutes. Your father will be there and I will be there shortly after to have a talk with you."

"Mom," I say before I get cut off.

"Home, now."

Then, she hung up the phone.

"I have to go, my mom found the graffiti and she knows it was me," I say. "You can tell everyone else that."

"How did she know it was you?"

"That's what the painting in my room is, a pink flower. Thanks," I say sarcastically.

I put clothes on and rush home. I walk through the door and my dad is sitting there with Liv.

"Good, you aren't late. You sit here, I am going to put Liv down for a nap."

When he comes back out, my mom walks through the door and I brace myself.

"Why would you do that," my mom said. "That's my cafe, my space, and you put graffiti all over it!"

"Mom, I'm sorry."

"That won't cut it this time, Jacqueline. Why are you acting like this," my dad asked.

"I don't know," I said. "It was an outburst."

"Give me all of your electronics," my mom said.

"What, no!"

"Jacqueline, hand them over," my dad said.

I hand them my phone, MacBook, and iPad. They unplug the TV out of my room and put it in their room.

"No electronics until I earn your trust back, no TV for 3 weeks, no friends spending the night or hanging out or anything until I earn your trust. You are going to start doing community service and also cleaning the graffiti off of the ceiling," my mom said. "Now, go to your room. I don't want to talk to you."

I grab my stuff and go to my room. 

"Thanks, Matt, Tyler, and Chandler," I say sarcastically to myself.

Later, Liv walks in my room.

"Sissy, do you want to play dolls?"

"No, Liv."

"Why not?"

"I'm not in the mood."

"Please? Mommy and daddy are mad and they don't want to play either."

"I said no," I scream.

"This is all your fault! If you wouldn't have been so stupid then mommy and daddy would want to play with me!"

I stand up and shove her out of my room. I shut and lock my door, sitting on the other side of the door. Someone bangs on the door and it startles me.