Chapter 7- Duel Me or Die

This is my favorite chapter so far! So much happens here so keep an open mind! I hope yall enjoy it! Mai can you help me out here? 

Mai: Of course Shadow, Shadow does not own anything except for Maria and Gabrielle. 

Thanks Mai! Enjoy!

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Now we will finally find the true Marik," Joey says.

"He will pay for what he has done," Mai says, going up for her duel.

The door for the oppoinate opens and everyone look in shock as Gabrielle walks out. She takes the spot across from Mai, her eyes dark and serious.

"Gabrielle? What are you doing here?" Mai demands. "You should be resting!"

Gabrielle doesn't respond as she prepares to duel. Maria takes Seto's arm and makes him look at her.

"You can't seriously let Mai and Gabrielle duel?" Maria asks.

"Gabrielle! Move from the duel arena!" Seto calls.

"Fool," Gabrielle says, her voice dark. "I am Marik."

Everyone is dumbstruck and do not know how to react, Marik must be controlling her. Yami clenches his fist, how dare Marik control his love! First his best friend and now Gabrielle, what is he planning?

"You cannot be serious!" Mai yells. "We all know that Gabrielle is not Marik! Come out you coward!"

Gabrielle starts to laugh as Nabu walks up, the scepter in his hand. Everyone glares at him as he goes to Gabrielle's side. He puts his arm around her, making Maria and Yami (and Yugi) glare daggers at him, wishing their looks could kill.

"Seems like someone is too scared to duel their friend," Marik taunts.

"She has nothing to do with this Marik!" Mai tells him. "Duel your own battles."

"This is far from over, Yugi will have to duel my puppet before I duel you."

"That won't happen you freak!" Maria growls.

"Well then, I suppose there is no need for her," Marik says, his scepter glows. "I'll just send her mind to the shadow realm then."

"No!" Everyone yells.

"Seto, what are we going to do?" Mokuba asks. "We can't let him send her there."

Seto looks at Marik and Gabrielle, what can he do? If he does what Marik wants, Yugi may not have it in his heart to duel his love. Seto knows he wouldn't if he had to duel Maria. But if he goes against Marik, Gabrielle will be sent to the Shadow realm, Seto know fully well what it's like to be trapped somewhere.

"Seto?" Maria asks. "Please, we have to help my sister."

"Alright Marik, we have a deal," Seto says.

"Are ya crazy Kaiba!?" Joey yells. "You can't do this!"

"Please! Don't do this!" Serenity calls.

Maria looks at him, why would he do this? He can't really be doing what Marik said, that's when she notices the look in his eyes. Her eyes widen, he's doing this to save her sister so her mind won't be sent to the shadow realm.

"Mai, your duel is postponed for now," Seto says. "Yugi, come duel Gabrielle."

'Yami! We can't duel her!' Yugi argues.

'We have no choice, if we don't Gabrielle will be sent to the Shadow Realm,' Yami says, his teeth clenched.

Yami walks up and takes Mai's places, he faces his beloved as Marik walks away.