Chapter 6

Lyla went straight to her room wondering when her dad would be back from the business trip he was on. Her mother was quiet not stopping Lyla to ask how her day was and just let her go upstairs. Lyla didn't come down for dinner being asleep when her mother checked on her. Her mother sighed and went to bed after putting the leftovers away while Lyla woke up in the middle of the night. Sitting up Lyla quietly looked at her lap thinking to herself in silence.

"Do they really know it was me? Or are they just guessing? How did they know about the burglar thing it had literally just happened the night before," she said to herself shaking her head quietly before standing up. Walking to the bathroom that was connected to her room Lyla sighed looking in the mirror and went in her room grabbing a pair of scissors returning to the bathroom with them. Looking at her reflection Lyla quietly cut her hair a bit throwing away what she cut and went back to bed.

In the morning Lyla quietly walked to school walking in as other students were surprised to see she had cut her hair. Walking silently Lyla went straight to her homeroom not even bothering to get breakfast. Setting her things down Lyla sat and laid her head on the desk waiting for the bell to ring. Throughout the day it was obvious Lyla just wasn't her usual self since she would do the work she was assigned, but other than that she was just so quiet and dull. Silence filled Lyla's head the soft ringing of nothing being the only thing she heard throughout the day and continued to be the only thing while she walked home. Lyla looked at her home quietly tilting her head seeing her father's car guessing he was finally home. Walking through the door she slowly went upstairs not noticing that her father had greeted her. Lyla's father was confused by her behavior and sighed leaving her be. It was late in the night when Lyla walked downstairs with her backpack filled with a flashlight, her phone, a water bottle, some snacks, a notebook and pencil, a knife, and the handgun. Being quiet Lyla slipped her shoes on and left the house grabbing the flashlight and turned it walking to the sidewalk. Humming Lyla walked on the sidewalk looking around quietly smiling a bit.

"It's a nice night tonight," she says to herself turning onto a path that lead into the woods. Humming more she took another turn walking off the path and made her way to a pond. Lyla smiled sweetly while looking at the pond being happy.

"I always loved this pond..." she said with a smile and walked towards a tree where she set her bag down in front of. Kneeling in front of it Lyla opened the bag and took the handgun out placing it on the ground beside her. She also grabbed the knife staring at it silently before placing it down beside the gun. She grabbed the notebook and pencil standing up humming to herself. Lyla smiled and wrote on the piece of paper before ripping it out of the notebook and leaned down grabbing the knife stabbing it to the tree. Being quiet she thought to herself before laughing softly and picked up the handgun which was all ready to be shot one bullet in it. Lyla stood in from of the pond smiling sweetly before bringing the gun to her head speaking softly.

"May every soul and life I have taken rest in peace," she said simply a loud bang ringing through the woods her body splashing into the water the gun hitting the ground and blood started leaking out of her body and into the water.

In the morning everyone was shocked to see on the news that Lyla was found dead in the local pond having shot herself in the head and left a simple note on a tree with the message, "Is it wrong to like killing out of self-defense?"