Chapter Six

Baekhyun was confused. Extremely confused. He had been sure no one had witnessed his little dispute with Sehun yesterday, and even if someone had, why would anybody care?

However, there it lay, the proof that someone had seen the confrontation, someone who cared.

Baekhyun shook his head in utter confusion. This whole situation didn't make any sense. Besides, where did this even come from? Baekhyun had just woken up, the other Ravenclaws in the dormitory were still peacefully sleeping. Of course they were; it was only about 4 a.m. and pitch black outside.

Baekhyun took a short glance out of the window, noticing the mesmerising starlit sky, before going back to face the evidence of illogicality. Three bars of "Canadian Pancake-Flavoured Chocolate."

He swung his head back and forth in thought, contemplating the different options. It looked like somebody who liked Chanyeol, Baekhyun, or both of them had got him these chocolates. Alternatively, maybe, but that was something Baekhyun didn't acknowledge to be realistic, not at all, but... These chocolates could also be from Oh Sehun.

Both of these options seemed ridiculously unreasonable to Baekhyun. Why would anybody get him these chocolates?

This entire situation had him bewildered.

The fact that it was still ridiculously early and that Baekhyun had just awoken from his volatile sleep might have had a significant impact on his perplexity. Tiredness seeped through his veins. With his sleep having got worse and worse recently, his state was horrible.

Deciding not to worry any longer, Baekhyun stopped thinking about the odd occurrence--at least for now. After a moment of contemplation, Baekhyun lay back down, trying to distract his thoughts from the conflict with Oh Sehun. This guy was driving him crazy.

###

Baekhyun woke up to the sound of Kris and another guy arguing.

"C'mon man, we are in the same house, and he's my damn brother. Why don't you just let me in?" Baekhyun could hear Kris groan in annoyance.

"With all due respect, the others are still sleeping, and Baekhyun had a tough night. They will be ready soon, for sure. Just wait for a little. I wouldn't tell you to stay out normally, but I don't want the others to wake up before they have to."

Baekhyun turned around in his bed, still half-dreaming, before he recognised the voice of his older brother Baekbeom. Reluctantly, Baekhyun sat up and brushed the hair out of his face. After a moment of gaining consciousness, Baekhyun stood up slowly and manoeuvred his body through the dark circular room towards the door.

Tiredly, Baekhyun shed a brief grin at the two elders.

"Good morning," he mumbled, smiling faintly. "You guys are up early." Kris nodded merely, his silent, taciturn nature showing. Baekhyun's older brother smiled back at him, leaning against the wall comfortably. He was two years older, meaning he was going to graduate this year. Baekhyun gave his best to return the smile softly, still strangely tired.

"What's up, Beom?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to look after you. Haven't seen you in a few days."

"This early in the morning? I don't buy that, Beom. Shouldn't you know I'm not that dense?" His brother laughed faintly.

"Sure, I didn't expect you to, to be honest. I just wanted to talk to you about that Oh-guy. I've heard there were some complications? Anything which I should worry about? You know I'm the prefect, I can always have a little chat with him." Baekhyun flinched, quickly shaking his head. No, he didn't need an older brother taking care of his issues.