Chapter Two

Cameron opened the door to a room full of boys and Mahogany typing away on her phone. Everyone's head turned when Carter and Cam walked in. I cautiously stepped to the side as a room full of crazed boys piled onto my brother and their friend. Mahogany saw me and waved me over.

"You okay? You seem kind of nervous." She asked.

"I'm okay. I didn't know how many people were going to be here."

"Oh, you didn't know how many guys were going to be here and only me and one other girl."

"Who's the other girl?"

She shrugged. "I think her name's Katie. She's a dancer. She should be here sometime soon."

A dancer.

"So Lilly? Did you ever tell Cameron about you wanting to sing and dance?"

"No, and I'm not going too. I already have a hard time myself. I don't need people talking about him too or messing with him because I want to indulge in some silly little dream."

"It's not silly. I've seen you dance and I've heard you sing. You are really amazing."

"She's really amazing at what?" Cameron asked.

"Nothing." I said quickly. "Introduce me to everyone."

He shrugged. "Boys, line up."

They all did as Cam said and formed a messy line.

"This is Matt, Jack and Jack, Carter, you know him, Jake, Taylor, Hayes, Sam, Connor, Shawn, and finally, Nash. Boys this is my baby sister Rose. The others be here soon."

Matt, Shawn, and Nash sat on the couch with us and started firing questions at me.

"Do you have any embarrassing stories about Cam?"

"Has he ever had a girlfriend?"

"How come he's never mentioned having a sister before these past few months?" Nash asked staring at me.

"I-I dunno. Cam?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm gonna go for a walk."

"OK. Be back before eight and keep your phone on."

"OK."

I pushed up off of the couch and left. Nash followed behind me.

"Um, hi?"

"Oh, sorry. Cameron told me to come with you. He's kind of overprotective."

"I know."

"So, are you gonna be here all year?"

"Yeah. So much fun."

"You don't want to be here?"

"I do, but I've had problems and I don't want anything to happen that'll mess this up for Cam."

"I didn't think a girl like you would capable of hurting herself."

I looked up at him a bit shocked, then down at my sleeve I had rolled up.

"Dammit."

I pulled the sleeve down quickly, hiding the scars.

"Do you want to be my friend?"

I laughed. "I figured we would end up being friends anyways so yeah. We can be friends."

"Good. Let's be white girls and get some Starbucks."

I nodded and smiled.