~30~

Aria's POV

I sat at the table, next to baby Theo and Harry. I greeted everyone at the table before looking at Theo and making funny faces at him. He giggled as I played peek-a-boo while we waited for dinner to be served. I would've helped but Gemma insisted I stay and occupy Theo.

When all the food was on the table, we said our prayers and then dug into our chicken and vegetables.

It was all going good. Harry was indulged in a conversation with Luke as I distracted Theo while Gemma spoon fed him. His fat cheeks were full with food but yet he still laughed at my gestures.

This baby had stolen my heart. At least, the half not occupied by Harry. Shit, I'm getting cheesier by the day.

As everyone ate, the table came to a silence besides the quiet babbles of Theo.

Like I said, it was all going good until...

"So, Harry how did you meet Aria?"

Anne looked at us, expecting an answer. I looked at Harry frozen but he glanced at me calmly and then answered the question like it was normal.

"It's kind of a long story. How about we tell you guys after dinner and Theo is asleep" he said as he chewed on his chicken.

Anne looked at me and I just nodded, agreeing silently with Harry. Harry sensed my fear and gripped my hand underneath the table, entwining our fingers and rubbing the back of it with his palm.

How lovely. I will face a gun to the forehead without hesitation but I'm dead afraid of telling my boyfriend's mother that I am a Class A criminal. Well, I create Class A criminals. That makes perfect sense.

The dinner table resumed its light hearted and fun atmosphere, and so did I but underneath the smiles, I was petrified and had the urge to dig my fingers into Harry's palm.

-----

As everyone left the dinner table to either clean up or put the baby to sleep, I pulled Harry aside. Literally.

I dragged his ass to the bathroom as soon as I had the chance to dismiss us. I used up all my chill by closing the door normally and then turned around to face my annoyance.

"What the fuck Harry" I whisper-yelled.

"What just happened? We're telling them our story now. Do you realize that most mothers picture their son dating a woman with a normal job like a fucking...librarian or something, I don't know? But definitely not a mafia member. I'm not even a member. I was literally about to inherit the world's deadliest mafia."

By this point my voice had raised to a normal volume but I couldn't find it in me to care. I was also pacing the bathroom in front of him.

"Wait. How about we just tell them we met at like a party. They'll believe that. It'll also explain my piercings and tattoos, and altogether dangerous vibe" I ranted.

Harry just stood in front of me with his arms crossed and a smile on his face.

"Why are you smiling?" I asked angrily.

He started to chuckle and it only increased my annoyance.

I stared at him with my nostrils flared.

"Motherfucker, I will punch you" I said with my arms crossed.

"Baby" he laughed.

"They know what I do for a living. They know and they are fine with it because they understand why I do it. I have to do it to repay my father's debt and they understand that. They will also understand what you do. Relax" He said slowly so I understood it.