The Fair

Mabel and Dipper were walking through a crowd of people, Dipper holding Mabel's hand, Mabel trailing behind. Gideon accidentally bumped into the twins, stepping backwards a bit.

"Oh, Heavens 'ta Betsy, I'm so-... sorry...." His words trailed off as he looked up at them.

"Why, if it isn't the Pines' twins." Gideon smirked a bit, straightening his tie. Dipper rolled his eyes.

"Move on along, Gideon. I'm not in the mood for a fight," he growled. Gideon eyed his nemesis up and down, still smirking.

"Oh, I'm not looking for one," he laughed obnoxiously, "I was just on my way home from the fair."

"Oh, yeah. Sure. You have no social life, Gideon. It's not like you would have any friends there!" Dipper snapped, folding his arms. Mabel's eyes widened at the comment her brother made. She hated Gideon, but that was a little harsh. He was only nine, and who knows how personal he would take it.

Gideon blushed, "I do TOO have friends!"

"Yeah? Name one."

"W-Well.... I-... I have..."

"None. I thought so."

Gideon's cute persona, along with his obnoxious attitude, had faded away to an upset, and slightly embarrassed expression. Mabel kept quiet, avoiding eye-contact with both of them.

"Why don't we just go home, Dip..." She said, pulling a loose thread off her sweater.

"No. I'm not leaving the fair just because of some little jerk, who has no rightful sympathy for others," sneered Dipper. Gideon's cheeks flushed a light pink, and was clearly visible on his pale skin.

"... s-stop..." He whispered.

"How does it feel, Gideon? Huh? Being made fun of? How does it feel to you?" Dipper shoved him back lightly, slightly smirking. Gideon stepped back, still blushing. He glanced over at Mabel, then back at Dipper.

"Dipper, please-"

"No "pleases", Gideon. If you want someone to bother, go bother one of your friends... well, you could if you had any." Dipper grabbed Mabel's hand, and pulled her to one of the rides. Gideon stood in the crowd, stunned at what he just heard.

"... I-.... I don't have any friends...." He whispered to himself, watching his crush and her brother getting on the big roller coaster. He gently kicked the dirt, making a tiny dirt cloud rise. Sighing, he headed back home, keeping in mind what Dipper had said to him.

".... gosh.... am I really that-... that bad?" He muttered, walking away and back to his house, as the sunset reflected beautiful colors of purples and pinks, and making his mood slightly regretful.