Middle School Love

Her mind was filled with the chatter in which flooded the school hallways. Turning her combonation into the blue locker and soon opening it, the brunette placed her school bag inside of the locker and gathered the required contents for the first half of the day. Though, she waited near the girl's bathroom in hopes of one person - Shane McQuaid. Despite their being over five-hundred other males that attended Log College Middle School, Shane was the only individual that caught the brunette's eye. To her, he was charming, polite, different from her other relationships, and simply adorable. He could do no wrong in her shimmering brown eyes.

Catching a hint of blonde hair amongst the crowd of students all gathering at their lockers and socializing with friends, the female quickly made her way over to him and plastered a smile on her pale face. Shifting the books she held in the other arm, she watched as Shane crouched down to get to his locker and begin to turn the combination lock.

"Hey," she commented once Shane closed his locker and stood up so the student who owned the top locker could get to it. Once he caught sight of the brunette, Shane smiled brightly.

"Hey, Erin." he nodded to her, not letting his blue eyes leave hers as they walked together down the crowded hallway. As they were about to walk down the steps together, someone appeared in the middle of them, separating their enlaced fingers.

"Hey love birds; what're you guys doin'?"

The voice was agonizingly familiar to Erin and she tried to hide just how embarrassed she truly was. Alexis Newman, a heavily close friend to the brunette, had once again shown up at the worst time. Erin managed a glance at Shane, who gave an amused smile.

"We were walking before someone so rudely interuppted us." Erin spoke up defensively, letting her tolerance levels ease down a bit so she wouldn't seem so harsh in front of Shane. She shot Alexis a warning glare before peeking around the corner of the stairs and saw three others approaching. Cursing frantically inside her dazed mind, Erin looked at Shane with a panicked expression.

Alexis caught on and looked in the direction Erin had and immediately got a broad smile etched onto her brown skin. "It's Victoria, Destiny and Caitlyn; how ironic!" she exclaimed rather cheerfully, waving the three over with her hand.

Erin buried her face in her hands and mumbled under her breath, "Let's escape now while we still have a fighting chance."

Victoria was the first to speak up amongst the three once they caught up. "Aww, is Erin embarrassed?"

Then Destiny, "When's the marriage?"

And then Caitlyn. "How cute."

Erin gave off waves of exasperation and began walking down the steps away from the noisy bunch. Shane followed after her and stifled a warning glare at the cackling pair of girls.

Wrapping an arm around Erin's shoulders and pulling her close as they walked down the crowded 8th grade hallway, he leaned close to her and pressed his lips to her ear and whispered, "Don't worry, I'll love you no matter how idiotic your friends are."