Immortal Life

Chapter One

Sometimes, when people die, we grieve, we cry, we celebrate their life. Not many of us think of the different possibilities that happen once they’re gone. Maybe they reincarnate into someone or even something else. Then again maybe they just leave us forever.

Eventually everyone will know what happens to the deceased whether or not they want to find out.

What I mean is that everyone has a soul. Souls don’t have hearts, lungs and all the organs that our bodies do, meaning that our souls are kind of immortal- They have an afterlife.

But what do they do? Are they even visible? Can we hear them? Feel them? That’s sort of the thing me and my friends want to find out.

Our friend Leila had a car accident two months back. No bruises, no fractures, no scars. Her skin and body remained perfectly intact.

Since Kendall’s biology class, explaining death or whatever, she’s been researching quite a lot about Leila’s death.

“I’ve come to a conclusion!” she declared. “Lei’s death clearly wasn’t an accident.”

“We kind of know that Kendall. It’s been two months; you’re not the only one who’s taken matters into your own hands.” Said Riley after taking a sip from her skinny milk latte.   

“I’m aware of that, but what if it wasn’t even her body in the vehicle, we all know she hanged around with college students, maybe one of them just resembled Leila.” Kendall responded.

“Ken, I know you’re trying to be smart here, but 1) the police have evidence and 2) where would Leila even be? If she’s not dead, where could she hide? Her parents would have obviously found out by know if that was the case.” Brutally answered Ella, entering Riley’s kitchen and taking a seat at the bar type counter with Kendall, Riley and me, Skylar.

We all remained silent until Riley’s mom walked with a few grocery bags and her brief case in hand. “Hello girls! Are you staying for supper?” Mrs. Jones asked.

“Oh, I’m not. I was just getting ready to leave, thanks for offering though!” I grabbed my coat and my purse and left the Jones residence and went straight home in my old Nissan.

I parked in the two door garage, right next to my dad’s car and walked into the house. My mom was probably still at work and my dad was in his home office, most likely grading papers. The only real company I had right now was my fifteen year old brother Alex who I’m more than one hundred percent positive was playing video games in his room. I walked past his room and went into mine.

I sat on my bed and snuggled into my fuzzy blanket, took out my computer and went onto Facebook. I had one friend request and six notifications. The notifications were all likes and comments on a post I uploaded about an hour ago. I tapped on the friend request, Jordan Carpenter. I clicked on the name and it led me to her profile, she looked like someone from Woodlake High, my school. I accepted her request and put my computer away and grabbed my book; Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick and read myself to sleep.

“You’re such a loser Skylar. With a name like yours, we’d expect some fun and dramatic girl. Not a lame bookworm.” Leila said as she got closer to me. “Come to the party. I know you want to.”

“I can’t. We have finals tomorrow…” I responded.

“Alright, fine. Have fun loser.” Leila said before climbing out my bedroom window.

I shot straight up in my bed. Another flashback, I thought to myself.

I threw the blanket off of me and crept down stairs. It was four in the morning and my parents only wake up at five thirty.

I sat on the couch and closed my eyes for a few seconds. I thought about Leila. She always was queen bee. She’s the type of girl that guys want to be with and girls want to be.

“Napping like always, Skylar?” someone said. I opened my eyes but no one was around. “I know you hear dumb ass. Come over here.” The voice said again, sounding a lot like Leila’s.

I walked over to the kitchen and there at the dining table sat the queen bee herself. “About time you’ve found me.” She said.

“Leila? I thought you-“

“Were dead? Ah please darling. People like me don’t die. Everyone talks about me and everyone wants me back. You’re the only one that’s keeping quiet. I’m not dead hun; I’m worth more than that.” Leila said before walking away into the dark night.

“LEILA WAIT!” But it was too late. I walked out onto the back patio and there was absolutely no sign of Leila. Exactly has if she was never here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: 

So hi :)

If you need to picture the characters, Leila is Alison, Riley is Spencer, Ella is Emily, Kendall is Hanna and Skylar is Aria :)

xox