The Creation

In the beginning, she was born of light. An orb of blazing greatness that was melded by the Maker himself. She could only be contained by a rock hard shell, a dark casing around her uncut power.
       The shell formed the shape of a woman, the only shape fitting for a being such as herself. Straight, thick hair the colour of sunshine grew from her head, stretching down to her base of her hips. Her face was the most beautiful ever created; an oval shape as the base. Large, blazing eyes were hidden under dark, luscious lashes, their serenity still hidden under her eyelids. Cheekbones rose up, forming perfect arches, along with a nose and chin. Lips the colour of blood blossomed, perfectly completing her carefully sculpted features.
        Her body was made to struck down upon the Divine's enemies, her legs muscled, hips wide and her stomach toned. Her shoulders and arms were not broad, but not narrow. The ideal shape for strenuous tasks, but deceptive to the eye.
      It was a mistake for the Maker to have created her this way. Her stunning appearance would not only capture the eye of the mortals, but the gaze of the ancient gods, and their children. No one could have predicted the feats her admirers would go to, the humans creating shrines and the immortals competing for her hand. However, she stayed blindingly devoted to her creator. He intended for her to be docile, a simple pawn in his game of chess, a loyal servant, forever bound to him. She was bestowed the gift of flame, a purifying substance only she could wield, and given the the name Light-bringer.
Light-Bringer would be a powerful solider against the Void, but it's whispers corrupted even the purest of the Divine. The Void's uncharted power rivalled the brightest light. There cannot be good without evil, rich without the poor, no love without hate. And when the Maker dared to make another Light-Bringer, the balance was disturbed, and the world descended into chaos.

________________________________________________________________

Author's Note

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed the beginning of Light-Bringer, please remember  to add this to your libraries. The first real paragraph to this story will be coming out in the end of March to the beginning of April.

My inspiration comes from the novel Frankenstein and World of Warcraft lore. So, if you like this I would highly suggest checking out those. Stay tuned for updates on this story.

—Tyra