Dear World,

Dear world,
This past year has been the best and the worst year of my life. It's been hard for me to fit into a society that classifies you by who you are, when I didn't even know who I was. For all of my life I've been known as the gymnast. You know the flexible one who always does backflips at recess? Well that's me. At least that's what they thought of me. The truth is I've been wanting to scream this out for a while now. But gymnastics is such a religious sport that I don't even know anyone in it will accept me. But, I'm a lesbian. Yeah. I'm a girl and I like girls. Simple as can be. But everyone thinks that all female gymnast are straight. Wearing their sparkly leotards and dancing around on the floor. But I'm sort of an oddity. At this point I don't care what others think. I'm done with telling myself I'm going to hell. I'm done with telling myself it's bad. I'm done with telling myself that I'll never fit in. Im done being sorry. I'm ready to tell myself that I'm perfect the way I am. I'm ready to tell the world who I am. I'm ready to be proud. I want others to know, that who you are or who you love, doesn't really matter. In the end we're all humans, and I'll love who I love, and you'll love who you love.
Love,
Chartoast