Chapter 9- Maldives

We landed in Maldives the night before our anniversary and I was awe struck by the beauty in front of me when we reached our destination which was actually a private suite water villa. This was a dream of mine and that too a honeymoon wish. We had other priorities when we got married, so we had a few nights away in a hotel but then here we are on our second honeymoon. We were walking hand in hand and we were greeted and of course everyone thought we were a newly wed couple as they kept saying honeymoon package haha.

We were directed to our villa and I quickly ran to get a tour of our villa and while out and enjoying the enticing view in front of me, I felt two hands snuggle around my waist and he said "Beautiful" I said "Yes so beautiful, just look at this, mashallah" He replied "I was saying for you, this view is nothing compared to you my beautiful wife and he softly planted a kiss on my cheek". I blushed hard at his comment, he seems to love making me blush. He said "Come, let's freshen up and have something, I'll order room service I know you must be tired". We had a quick snack and just chilled on the sun deck taking in the serene and beautiful atmosphere and view. After a while he asked "fancy a swim baby?" I instantly replied "Sure let's start making the best of our vacation and you know how much I love swimming"

We had a good swim, well mostly chilling in the pool and had our nice lil romantic moments and conversation. When it started getting chilly, we decided to get back in and hop in the in-house jacuzi before a shower. Once we were done and ready to hop into bed, he held my hand and when I turned to look at him, there he was with an evil grin and said "Happy Anniversary baby, let the celebrations begin" and I was swept off my feet and being carried to bed. I loved when he carry me around and I love nuzzling into his neck and tease him. That was always such a sight to see him like that with some unreadable expressions.

I woke up with someone caressing my cheek and I slowly opened my eyes to see him staring at me and smiling "assalam baby, had a good sleep?" I rolled onto his chest and replied "wassalam babe, perfect sleep" He said "common time to get up and Happy Anniversary once again" He got up and I just held his hand and he stopped to look back at me while I slowly get out of bed and fall into his arms whispering "Happy Anniversary babe. I love you" He said"Aww I love you too, now common let's quickly head out for breakfast, there's a lot of surprises planned for today"

After breakfast, I kept asking him about the surprise to which he replied "If I told you, it would no longer be a surprise right? So patience wifey". We went sight seeing and had lunch in a posh nearby restaurant, walked around the city and our last stop was the bioluminiscent plankton beach next to which was a beautifully decorated area and I was surprised to know it was reserved on the name of Mr and Mrs Zain. I could jump on Zain repeatedly for such amazing surprises. I said "Thank you babe, all this is so amazing". He led the way and said come and had his hand on my lower back and we had a nice fancy private dinner and we talked a lot.

He then got up and walked towards me and asked me for a dance. I went "Seriously? But you hate dancing and that too in public" He replied cockily "Yes I hate dancing but not when it's you, who would miss the chance of dancing with their beautiful wife and such a beautiful setup, must be a stupid!" And to my utmost surprise it was my fav song Perfect by Ed Sheeran. We swayed to the romantic music and at the end of it with the last swirl, he then got down on one knee and had such a marvelous speech for me which brought happy tears and he slipped on a promise ring bound with so many promises. Before he could get up, I went on my knees too and hugged him. I also had an on the spot speech for him and it wasn't too hard expressing your feelings when you are irrevocably in love with the person in front of you.

On the way back to our villa, I asked "surprises over?". He replied "You wish wifey, not so soon, we have a long night ahead (with that double meaning)". When I entered our villa and switched on the lights, there was our room beautifully decorated with rose petals and the pathway leading to the bed lit with candles and rose petals. I was spellbound. This man was really fulfilling all my wishes one by one and how could someone still remember all these details we casually spoke about during our initial days while playing 20 questions.

He was seriously an angel just for me, my angel! It seems this night is all about happy tears and I quickly found myself in his embrace and thanking him once again for everything and making me feel so special. He said "Special night for my special lady". I also planned to surprise him with some of his wishes starting from this night on and trust me he loved the first part of the surprise. I also handed him his gift, back home I purchased his latest favorite watch he was looking to purchase and a new wedding band. That night was a night filled of promises, love and fulfilling each other's wishes.

This trip in itself was the best get-away we could have asked for. We had unlimited fun, went out of our comfort zone, tried new things and I gave in my fear and went parasailing with him. It was scary but being with him made me more confident and it was an amazing experience, no denying. We made so many memories to cherish and most importantly it was a reset button and look forward to a lot more new adventures and lifetime memories.