[7] Riley

The universe was out to mess with me, that much I was sure of

The universe was out to mess with me, that much I was sure of. I was starting to think that maybe it was plotting with Perrie. I could feel myself staring at Tom and Sebastian while they grinned over at Perrie and me. Tom was already sitting on the side railing of their balcony, his feet resting on the side of our balcony.

"Perrie Bryers is in the house!" Tom said, reaching over a high fiving Perrie. It was a miracle that he didn't slip and fall. Watching the interaction made my feel nervous but I knew I couldn't say anything. Perrie would make a joke and hint towards the bet.

"Damn, now I can't lounge on my balcony butt naked." Perrie joked as Sebastian and Tom chuckled.

"You still can Perrie B." Tom said with a wink.

"Please don't encourage her." I said, speaking for the first time. Tom gave me a mocking salute and while Sebastian was taking in the view in front of us. On the street below, locals and tourists mingled as they walked up the narrow cobbled street. The smell of freshly baking pastries lingered in the air and made my stomach growl loudly. Sebastian gave me a knowing smile as if he almost knew that I was contemplating going down there and buying some petit fours.

"Coffee can only keep you going for so long Riley Quin." Sebastian said knowingly. "I forgot that when we were requesting rooms I asked if you and I could have rooms next to each other. Miss Kelly was cool about it at the time."

"It's fine..." I muttered. Sebastian gave me a look as if to say he knew I was lying. "Ok, it's not fine but I'm not going to bitch about it. There's no point."

"Look... do you think we could have a chance to talk?" Sebastian asked me.

"I... I don't know..."

"You're smart Ri, you should know if you can talk to someone." Sebastian said with a smirk.

While I tried to think of a witty comeback, my phone buzzed. Perrie pretended to look affronted over the fact that someone other than her was messaging me.

Jessie: Me and Charlie are outside, thought we'd re-con your room before we go down.

With a smile, I went to the door and let the two of them in.

"Bloody hell, you have a balcony!" Jessie said as she and Charlie came into our room. "Our room overlooks the bins." She added with a wrinkle of her nose.

"I'll swap with you, Perrie is already planning on lounging naked." I said with a chuckle as we walked out into the balcony.

"We're not complaining at all." Tom intoned, still sat on the railing.

"You are so going to fall." Charlie said as she looked over at Tom. Sebastian was now also sat on the railing. "Both of you are." She added.

"Will you catch us if we fall?" Sebastian asked, a playful smirk spreading across his face. God, he really couldn't help himself. Just as I was starting to think he could go five minutes without flirting with someone.