Freedom

I have learned that freedom is not limited to the influences of the world around you. Freedom is not found only in justice, and can be achieved without it. Freedom isn’t limited by the confines of a cell, or your bedroom, your city, your country, or your world. It is not limited by opportunities of perceived succession, or by ones intelligence. Freedom is much bigger than that. Freedom is much bigger then everything one could ever see in this world. Freedom is a will much stronger then hate could ever accomplish. Freedom is accepting something without becoming it. It is letting go of something, and letting it drown in the depths of the sea, not to be forgotten, but to remain no more. Freedom is breaking the chains vengeance has put on your soul, and understanding, that you are no longer a prisoner, but a brave soldier showing wrong that you refuse to be intimidated by it. Freedom is not a change in the wrongs that have been committed against you, but a change in the way you deal with them. Freedom is not a change in everyone else, but a change within yourself. Freedom is a choice.

 I have chosen to be free from everything that I believed was holding me back.

 I have chosen to be free from the hate that is in my heart and the vengeance that eats me alive.

I choose to be free from the mistakes of others, because I know that once I am free from others mistakes; I can begin working on my own.

I choose to be free from the seemingly persistent need, that to forgive, others around me have to own up to what they have done wrong, because I am not their judge, and will not try to take on that position.

I choose to be free from my labels, because my labels aren’t who I am, but who the world has made me to be.

I am Carley, and I have chosen to be free.