1. If only he'd stayed the night

Scarlett's POV

"Come over and look at this one Beck!" I said calling my boyfriend over to look at a painting that hung on the art museum wall.

"Oh that ones nice. I'll buy it for you one day." He said hugging me from behind and giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Babe it's over $800 dollars. There's no way that we could ever..." He cut me off with another kiss.

"I said I'll get it for you."

I couldn't take him seriously when he said that. We were both college students trying to pay off tuition.

Beck and I continued walking through the museum as we admired everything that caught our eye.

We spotted a portrait that had a picture of a couple painted on it and stopped walking to look at it.

"Look that's me and you" Beck said grabbing my hand.

"Yeah it is." I replied. The couple on the portrait were laying down on the beach and held hands while admiring the sunset.

We looked around the museum some more and headed into the gift shop. My attention immediately went to a display of charm bracelets and various charms to add on to it. Beck followed me to the display.

"This is so cool. Look at all the little mini paintings, they're adorable."

"You like these?" He asked looking at the charms with me.

"Yes! Oh my gosh look there's the painting we saw. The one with the couple." I said grabbing the charm to look at it up close.

"Oh look some of them have words to." I said grabbing one that said 'History Is Always With Us' in cursive letters.

"Grab a bracelet and a couple charms." He said

"Are you sure?"

"Yes go ahead."

"Okay." I replied. I already had two charms in my hand so I picked out a silver bracelet.

I handed the charms and bracelet to Beck and went to look at the small display of books the gift shop had while Beck went to pay for the jewelry.

He met me near the book display and we walked out of the gift shop and outside into the courtyard.

We walked around outside and found a small coffee shop. When we got inside it instantly smelled like coffee beans. We ordered two coffees and sat down at a small table next to a large window.

Beck gently placed the small bag from the gift shop on to the table. I took a few sips of my coffee and looked back to what he was doing. One by one he hooked each charm on to the bracelet.

"Put your arm out." He said. I placed my arm out and he wrapped the bracelet around my right wrist. I looked closer and noticed that there was an extra charm. I examined it and saw that it looked exactly like the painting that....

"Told you I would get you the painting one day." Beck said answering my thoughts. It was a miniature version of the first painting we looked at that he said he would buy me.

"Aww thanks Beck." I said.

"There's one more." I twirled the bracelet around my wrist and saw one that said 'It'll Last Forever'

"Beck, it will last forever." I said hoping he understood that I was talking about him and me.

"Yes it will last forever there's no doubt about it." He smiled.

"Oh and Scarlett each time we come to the art museum from now on I'm getting you a new charm for you to add on."

"Okay. I'm looking forward to it." I smiled.