Prologue(rewrite)

Author's Note: I do not own Jeepers Creepers, that goes to Victor Salva. This is a none-profit story meant for fun. Obviously, spoilers if you haven't seen the movie. I hope you enjoy it, and let me know your thoughts. AS long if it's appropriate. Also warning some strong language up ahead. Also, I don't own the picture above that from http://www.beliefnet.com/inspiration/a-beginners-guide-to-tarot.aspx. 

( ? Pov )

"No no no no NO! " 

Hissed a figure looking again at the tarot cards, her mother gave her a long time ago which she keeps in mint condition. Sure, her mother used them during her time as a game for a few coins, but she had no idea at the time that when done right, they could be used for more. Even though she herself doesn't use them often anymore, but it has been a while and she thought, 

'Why not?'

 So she then set up the cards and turned the lights off after lighting some candles. That may not really be necessary for her to do, but she just loves the mood its soft orange glow that it gives off. She wasn't expecting anything, not really, but now staring at the order the cards are in with skeleton in the cloak looking like it's mocking her future misfortune as it seems ready to reap the card next to it. The 10  of pentacles.

"Sh*T! Not again please! I can't lose another one."

She hissed again, scratching at the coffee table, leaving deep grooves in the wood.

' This couldn't be, right? Maybe I'm just rusty? It has been a while since I've used them.'

She thought to herself desperately looking at the cards again, hoping maybe she's just seeing things; Unfortunately, her eyes aren't deceiving her.

One of them is going to die.

"Oh, Mama. What can I do to prevent this?"

The dark figure begs, with her hands rubbing down her face. A seemingly strange breeze blew through the figure's apartment slightly open window; scattering some tarot cards. The woman picks the cards up again, and turned one over for a card she wished, she would just throw away. 

The card of lovers.

"What do you mean by this?"

The figure asked, not really expecting an answer. What she wouldn't give to feel her warm embrace once more. For the elderly woman who nursed her unwanted surrogate child as a babe, to run her wrinkled hands through her hair as she calmly assures her everything will be alright. Even after all these long years, she still yearns for that familial love and comfort when everything else around her falls to pieces. Yet, some would contradict that want for all the inhumane crimes she's committed.

They were justified in their own sense, for how many mothers has she taken as well? How many children has she's left as orphans in order to extend her own life? It wasn't anything out of spite or malicious intent...mostly. Still, the instinct is too strong to ignore. No matter if how much or how long she tries to put them off and ignore them altogether, she couldn't ignore her body's demands when it gnaws at her strength; yet, that doesn't ease her feelings of guilt or remorse either. 

She clutches her necklace that was a gift from her mama, rubbing her thumb over the swirls designed into the metal.

" Well, it's like you always told me, everything happens for a reason."

She then sighs and starts putting her cards away not really needing to use the light, for she's accustomed to her surroundings. 

' I just hope you're right.'

She thought to herself, retiring for the night. Not worried she'll wake anyone since she's the only living soul in her current dwelling place. It's not home, but it suits well when needing to hang her hat somewhere. 

She doesn't mind this since tomorrow she's traveling with two of her closest friends. She can keep the loneliness at bay until then. 

Hey Guys! I hope you'll enjoy this! I don't know too much about tarot cards, just what I can gather online and from a friend. Don't worry, you'll get to know who she is. Heh, pronoun game ;) Stay tuned and enjoy this, oh and I don't own Jeepers Creepers.