Chapter 2: Down the dirty pipe they go! (rewritten)

I don't own any of this except Corbin. Enjoy, you beautiful human beings! Oh, I don't own the picture.

"Ok, name it!"

Darry shouts to his sister on the other side of the field, turned away from her as he relieves his bladder with his sister currently doing the same. 

"What?"

Trish answers back, scaring away a few ravens that now gather near Corbin, who was currently leaning against the hood of Trish's car. 

'What is she, a bird magnet?'

Trish glances over at the said birds surrounding her friend in a dark thick barrier. She looks towards the blonde to voice her thoughts, only to be interrupted by her younger brother.

" When we made a rule to call it when you see it."

"Will you just give it up already!"

Corbin shouts, before muttering to herself with none of the siblings aware that she was trying to hold in her own smile and burst out laughing at their stupid argument. To them, it looked like she was deeply scowling at their antics. Trish notes to herself it sort of looked like her mom's own scowl when either she, mostly Darry, do something really stupid to displease her. Actually, speaking of mom, Trisha stands back up from the tall grass to the walk towards the car with Darry following not too long afterward.

" Have you talk to Mom lately?"

Darry raises a brow to himself as he quickly thinks back to the day before, turning his head to get his hair out of his face.

" Yeah, to tell her I'd be home for break."

Darry turns around after zipping up his pants to start heading towards the car. Trish presses her lips together in a thin line as she follows her brother shortly after. She gives out a small shout when a raven flies out from the grass too close to her face for comfort. Gathering her wits once more, she continues towards the car.

" She sounded weird to you?"

"What?"

Darry shouts back as he opens the car's back door before giving a mock bow to Corbin, who gives him a friendly punch in return. She hops in, closing the door but still able to listen to more of the siblings' conversation. Trisha finally arrives at the car to pry her brother some more as he rummages through the back.

"Did you listen to her voice?"

"Could you specify please?"

Darry replies, not really paying any thought to her sister's own concern. The same type of concern she showed with him almost not showing up to Thanksgiving last year, only for it to be nothing given the from traffic. As well as the same type of worry when, as children, she thought she had tuberculosis and started spraying everything down with Lysol but turned out it was only a cold. 

Seeing that her brother wasn't going to take her seriously, Trish huffs through her nostrils as she came to the passenger side.

"Forget it."

Came the reply from Trisha. She enters the car as Darry continues to rummage through the back seat.

" You drink the last water? The last one was mine"

Darry asks his sister, who only shakes his head no. What he didn't notice, is Corbin subtly using her foot to push the empty water bottle she finished under her seat. Darry gives a huff of frustration as he rummages through a black plastic bag filled with dirty laundry, which both gals got a glimpse of.

"Wow, you're just a class act, you know that?"

"Try being the one stuck with smelling Dar's underpants for the entire trip."