❥ VARIA•One Shot

"Hum tum mein sirf ek hi problem hai...ki tum ke bagair hum adhoore hai"

-"There is only one problem between you and me...that without you, I am incomplete"

that without you, I am incomplete"

Third person's pov

They stumble in her hotel room holding on to each other tightly, with his one arm around her waist and hers around his shoulder, the alcohol in their system doesn't help much because they end up crashing on the bed but while some might find it a bit painful Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt can't help but fall in a pit of giggles.

"I can't believe you let me get so drunk, Dhawan"Alia laughs looking at her right side where he lies down, her eyes meeting his. Varun can't help but smile back at the tipsy girl beside him as his hands reach out to put a strand of her hair, which fell down her face, behind her ear.

"Yeah right, Alu I was the one—" he stops mid-sentence when he realizes that he said out loud a long lost nickname he once called her by every day. For a minute they just looked into each other's eyes, and after what seems like ages they were looking at each other the same way they did all those years ago. . .they looked at each and just smiled, for a minute they forgot everything.
They forgot that he was engaged and supposed to be marrying his childhood best friend in just a couple of months. They forgot that she's with one of his childhood friends, and by looking at Alia the way Varun is now he's breaking every rule of friendship there is. They forgot that they were no longer VD and Alu, they were Varun and Alia and though that didn't seem to be a big difference to anyone else, to them it changed everything.
They lay there looking at each other saying nothing, but it was the kind of nothing that meant everything that is until she finally decided to break the silence,

"It's been a while since you called me that" someone else would be easily fooled by the smile she's now giving him but no matter how much they try and prove it otherwise he is still the one who knows her better than anyone else ever can, every eye moment, every smile, every hand gesture he knew them all, and right now he knew she was trying hard to not let the tears behind her eyes fall,but he doesn't show it. . . He can't, he has lost the right to hold her hand, wipe away her tears whenever he wants to, that right belongs to someone else now.

"Yeah it kind of just slipped out, sorry I won't do it again." he avoided eye contact with her while he begins to walk over the couch beside the window, he propped down on it and started fiddling with his fingers, a gesture very familiar to Alia. She sighs and walks over to him before taking a seat beside him on the couch.

"It's okay, you can call me that whenever you want" he gives her a small smile in return and starts looking out of the window,

"You know stars actually don't twinkle?" he asks her whilst looking at the sky filled with stars and a beautiful full moon. She grins at this when memories of them staying up all night and him telling her stories behind different constellations flash in her mind if there is one thing other than acting that fascinated Varun Dhawan the most were the stars and the stories behind them, but he doesn't share it with everyone. . . actually, he doesn't share it with anyone except the girl sitting beside him right now. Whenever he talked about his love for the night sky people either laughed at him for knowing something so silly (according to them) or termed him a nerd, that is until the night in Kashmir in 2011 when only Alia and him were up and he couldn't help but tell her a fact about some meteor shower that was supposed to happen a few days later,he was surprised when she started asking more questions about it and didn't laugh at him. That night was the beginning of their friendship.