EPILOGUE

"Jungkook! Wait!"

He turned around and his eyes widened. Yeri was running toward him.

Panting while bending down, she said, "I have something to confess, too."

He stroked her back. "Inhale. Exhale."

When her breaths normalized, she blurted out, "I like you a lot, Jungkook."

He stared at her, bemused. "Then why'd you write this notebook?"

"Because it's April Fools' Day, you idiot!"

He bursted into laughter. "Classic Yeri. The infamous prankster."

She hit his arm, frowning.

"Why do you get to hit me and frown? You literally explained in writing about why you hate me and now you get to be the sad one?"

Her lips quivered. "I'm sorry..." She looked at the ground, feeling tears forming.

He pulled her into a tight hug and held her head. "Please don't cry. I was playing with you. Wait — I don't hear you crying." He moved her back and all he could see was Yeri giggling, which then turned into cackling.

Jungkook groaned; a vein throbbed in his temple. "Don't scare me like that."

"I'm sorry, but I can't help it." Her cackling continued.

"You're lucky you're so adorable, Yeri. I can't stay mad at you."

She beamed. "Let me finish my confession now and explain more details about the notebook."

"Okay."

"Jungkook, I was one of those love-struck and dreamy eyed girls who fell in love with you. I wrote something similar in #17, but erased it, which you caught on. I instantly fell in love with you, and these are all the reasons I, in fact, love about you. Well, except the playboy charms. Anyway, I wanted to share my thoughts and feelings about you without confessing because I couldn't muster up the courage. I thought you were going to reject me, so I couldn't bear it, but I still wanted to express my inner feelings and thoughts, and that is why I came up with this notebook. Originally, it was going to be an anonymous notebook filled with reasons on what I liked about you. Then I realized that wouldn't get me anywhere because I'll be too busy worrying whether you found out who wrote it. What if you thought Yein wrote it and became her boyfriend? You flirt with her the most since you really like her, huh? Those thoughts cluttered my mind. After some serious brainstorming, it dawned on me how I could use my prankster title to the test. That's why they're reasons I hate about you and that's why I gave it to you on April Fools'. I knew you wouldn't take it seriously and so I thought it'd be the perfect opportunity to trick you and make it seem as if it was just a prank when it was really me confessing, in a way. I thought you would just laugh it off and that would give me some closure on our platonic relationship so I could move on. But then that took an unexpected turn and here we are now."

Jungkook was speechless. "Wow."

"Wow? Just wow?"

"Yup."

"Seriously? I just revealed my innermost thoughts and feelings and that's all you—"

He held her face as he crashed his lips onto hers. Yeri pushed him back.

"You can't just kiss me and expect me to forgive you."

He snapped his fingers."Aw, man! That's what happens in the K-Dramas, though."

She glared at him while he snorted. He saw her expression and took a deep breath.

"Your elaborate plan was well thought out. I can't believe you went all that trouble just to confess to me. I'm flattered and even more in love with—"

She grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him in for a kiss, tippy-toeing. Jungkook released himself from the kiss and imitated Yeri in a high-pitched tone.

"Oh my God, you can't just kiss me like that, Yeri!"

"I also hate your imitations."

He continued with the mocking by flailing his arms.

"Yeri, I won't forgive you for—"

She grabbed his collars again, following the same steps. And this time, he kissed her back, harder.