Chapter 2 - He's a Player?

A week has passed. And I have made some girl friends! Well, Ingrid helps me with it. And I have changed. I succeed to change my personality and nickname. I’m no longer popular and perfect Candace Swan, I am now ordinarily quiet Natalia Swan. And I’m hanging out with some cool friends, Ingrid Nilsen, Fleur DeForce, Tanya Burr, Elle Fowler, and Meredith Foster.

“Well hello there, Candace!” Jack calls me when I walk through his class.

“A week has passed, how’s your day?” Jack asked, since I ignored him.

“Please, call me Natalia,” I answered.

“Are you okay? Your cheek is turning red as you’re looking at me,” he asked.

Crap. Honestly, I don’t even know. Jack is so annoying that I got my attention on him. I’ve been avoiding him in school because he always catches my eyes.

“Candace?” He asked once again. “Jack,” I said sharply.

“Sorry to call you Candace, I get it that you feel annoyed,” he said quickly before I finish my word.

“No.. That’s not what I’m about to say,” I said.

“What’s your last name?” I asked.

“Why do you need to know? You can call me Jack,” he said.

“Are you my friend?” I asked him.

“Hell yeah,” he answered.

“No you’re not. Because I don’t even know your full name,” I said again.

“Fine. You got me. It’s Harries,” he said.

GOTCHA…! He is Finn’s twin brother! I knew it! Well, almost.

“You know Finn is in the same class as I do,” I said.

“Yap. How long it takes you to realize that we’re brothers?” he asked me as he rolled his eyeballs, which is kinda cute.

“A week,” I said.

“Why don’t you tell me the first time we met?” I asked again.

“Because you didn’t ask me,” he answered.

“Yeah, but I never asked you to call me Candace, but you did,” I said, smiling.

Jack looks at me. He is blushing.

WHAT??

“What?” I asked him, trying to avoid his eye contact.

“Nothing,” he said again.

“Then why are you staring at me that way?” I asked.

“Since when you care, I have to go now, bye” he said, and he walked away running his hand through his hair nicely.

Damn it he looks so cool that way. Boys suck.

School started, casually. I’m trying to focus to study and hear what the teachers say, but my mind always turns to Jack’s face against my will. He always pops in my head today. And it’s a little bit annoying. I have to see him in the break time. And the bell rings.

“What’s wrong with you today?” Finn asked me.

“I’m fine, really, thanks for asking,” I answered, and left him.

Geez, what’s wrong with me today? It is because Jack? Is it because he left me in the middle of our sweet conversation for no reason. What did I do wrong?

“Hey what makes Jack Harries looks at you all the time?” Mere asked me.

“What are you talking about?” I asked her back.