[8]

a/n: sorry for the late update loves, i took all of my finals and then went to vegas for a week but here you go, enjoy cx

CHAPTER EIGHT

LUCY'S POV

I walk out of the living room and walk down the hallway in hopes of finding Matt. I know that things were really chaotic and that it was a lot to handle, but that was absolutely no reason for him to just leave like that. Yeah sure, I'm relatively okay, but Nicole is hurt, Gabi is having a breakdown, and who knows if Shawn is okay or not.

Honestly, I know that Nicole's nose might be broken and that Gabi is not in the best shape at all right now, but I am most concerned about Shawn at the moment. He's grown be like our little brother, even though he's only two years younger than the rest of us. No matter what has happened to him before, he has never reacted that way to any single piece of news. If there's anything I want in the world right now, aside from Cameron coming back, it would be to ensure Shawn's well-being. I love him so much.

As I'm thinking all of this through, I've found that I've wandered into the rental's master bedroom. I thought I saw Matt walk in here as soon as he stood up, but it's been about ten minutes since that happened. He could be anywhere in the place by now.

All of the lights are turned off, except for a single burning candle placed on Nicole's nightstand. There is a soft breeze in here due to the open window on the front wall of the room. I turn around, giving up all hope that Matt is in here, and a large black shadow loomed over me.

"Shit!" I cursed and quickly jumped back. As I adjusted my eyes on the shadow, I immediately realized it was Matt and I calmed down.

"Damn it, Espinosa," I awkwardly chuckled, "You scared the hell out of me!" I hit him playfully on the chest and he doesn't move an inch. He just continued to stare directly into my eyes.

"Are you okay, Matt?" I say, a bit uneasy.

He refuses to answer.

He nervously glances at me after breaking the long pause. I remain silent in hopes that whatever it is, he'll tell me already. I just want us all to be together in one room. For some reason, I feel like that will keep us all safe.

"Matt, just say whatever you have to say." I move closer to him and continue, "Is it Cameron?"

He slowly nods and I'm suddenly brought to tears again. I can handle seeing the three of us girls break down emotionally, but there's something that is extra painful about watching the boys break down. I thought it was bad enough seeing Shawn rolling on the floor silently shaking, but seeing Matt here is somehow a bit worse. He's not talking, he has no expression on his face, and it's dark and cold in here. I look at Matt one last time and his eyes dart towards the candle behind me. I see the reflection of the flame in his irises and got goosebumps all over my body.

I suddenly feel like I'm in a horror movie and my instincts tell me to get the hell out of the room. I walk past him, turning at every angle to make sure my back is never towards him. After I reach the door, he clears his throat. I stop and I stare at him, waiting for him to finally make a statement.

He inches towards me as I inch away from him, and then he says the one thing that I least expected to come out of his mouth.

"I killed Cameron, Lucy."