Distracting Dan

It was 11th June morning and afraid that Dan would remember his own birthday you quickly rushed to his room in the morning and forced him to wake up and go shopping.

"Dan get up! I only have a day and a half to get gifts for my family and I still haven't packed." You shouted at Dan as he was sleeping.

It was hard but you  managed to wake Dan up at 11 o clock  and managed to get him out of the apartment by 11 o clock. It wasn't easy but when Dan was getting out of the house you slipped out his phone and gave it to Phil before you two left (just in case somebody called)

Phil had excused Dan that he wasn't feeling well and you kept pushing him that you needed to buy everything today. Somehow Dan managed to believe the excuse and you two left.

You drove in your car and you began talking so that Dan wouldn't realize that his phone was missing. 

"So Dan? When are you planning on uploading a new video?"

"Ugh. That's the most dreadful question you could have asked me." Dan replies.

"Why?" you ask.

"Because I am having a lack of inspiration."

"Really? Well I think that you can give great life advice. Also considering that 6 million people follow you maybe you can influence their lives positively." 

Dan looked at you sceptically.

"I have been watching Anna Akana videos a lot and I personally love her. And she makes me realize that I need to have a positive influence in people's lives regardless." 

As you are turning into parking of the shopping complex, Dan suddenly comments, "If that's true why aren't you working on your blog then?" 

"What?" You asked slightly taken aback by the question which results in a sudden parking.

"You have a blog that's been on hiatus for a year now. Maybe you could take your own advice and start posting more frequently life advice."

"How do you know I have a blog?" You didn't wait for him to answer, "Are you stalking me?"

Dan suddenly realized what he had just said, "Well in all fairness, it was a while ago so that doesn't count"

You look at him bewildered.

"Well I was curious okay? We had been living together for a few months and you never talked to us. So I searched you up and found your blog. Personally, I liked your blog and I think it has potential you should  continue writing."

You felt confused. On one hand you were appreciative of his honesty on the other hand you felt like your privacy had been violated."

"I am sorry that I violated your privacy."

"I guess that's fair considering that I have been violating your privacy for so long." you add jokingly.

"No I am serious, I am sorry." Dan replied.

You smile at him earnestly. You remembered when your first boyfriend cheated on you; how he without hesitation blamed you for what happened and when he broke up with you he convinced you that it was your fault.

Dan isn't like that. He realizes that he did something wrong. Even if it wasn't a big deal.

"Yeah." you think to yourself.

Dan starts getting out of the car and you stop him and say, "Dan? Listen it's okay."

Dan smiled back at you earnestly.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

It was 11:30 AM by the time you reached the mall and you had to keep Dan busy until 5:00 PM. You kept planning how you would possibly excuse Dan for 6 hours especially considering that you were a quick shopper.