iv.

"what does this picture show?" soogeun asked again.

"that's us at our first justin bieber concert."

"that's us at a one direction concert."

"that's us with one direction after the one direction concert."

"you met one direction?" woojin was stunned.

"yeah i did. they're all really nice." samuel nodded.

"your mom also sent us some pictures of your friends. please tell us, who is this?"

"that's me with francesca demarco and federico costa. they're both from italy. everyone calls them fran and fede."

"i'm the one in the middle, the right one is diego marin, also known as d and the other one is pablo alonso, better known as lo."

"those are the penelopes."

"wait, all three of them are called penelope? how do you not mistake them for each other?" guanlin asked.

"they all have different nicknames. all of them are from spain. the one in the middle, penelope garcia, is 16 and her nickname is penny. the one on the right, penelope cortes, is also 16 and everyone calls her lola. the one on the left, penelope jauregui, is 17 and everyone calls her pj."

"ah okay."

"the small one next to me is napoleon navarro from argentina, everyone calls him napo."

"those two are tristan hinterwallner and ezequiel hernandez. as i already said, tristan is from germany and i really can't pronounce his surname."

"that one is bettina hinterwallner. she's tristan's older sister, so she's also from germany. everyone calls her tina."

"the one with the red hair is bethany miller from canada, also known as betty."

"the blonde one is mercedes, or cedes, she's 15."

"the one with the tanned skin is benedito barros mostly called ben, 14 years old and from brazil."

"your friends are all really different." youngmin realised.

"yeah."

"so, all of your friends had a nickname, did they just call you samuel or what were you called?"

samuel wanted to answer, but what he didn't know, was that soogeun just said a code word.

"sammy!" many voices said at the same time.

samuel looked at where the voices came from with confusion in his eyes. his eyes immediately lit up when he recognised 14 people.

samuel immediately stood up and was embraced into a tight hug. when they separated, they started talking in hushed spanish words. all of the others looked at them in confusion.

when they noticed that everyone was waiting for them, they immediately sat on the last sofa. samuel had already wondered why it had been placed there.

this time, samuel sat next to his friends.