NINE: Pity party

I feel his heart beat against my chest as i tighten my arms around his neck. I rock his body side to side, stroking his hair gently. He hugged me back as his tears wet my shoulders.

"I look pathetic right now, don't I?"

"What happened to you? You weren't like this before, what make you become this way?"

He pulled away from the hug, tears staining his cheeks.

"You won't understand."

"I will try to understand if you open up to me."

He hesitated to answer, eyes shifting from left to right, as though he was thinking of something.

"Everything was going fine before I took those pills, I was completely sane before seeing the psychiatrist, I was in my room playing video games before I was locked up, isolated in that room with nothing but my thoughts. I thought they had my back but no, they left me. Minho is not like what you think he is, I became like this because of him."

☽☽☽

--flashbacks--

"Have you taken your medicines?"

Minho asked worriedly as he sat down beside me.

"I'm not crazy, why should I be held here?  I want to go home."

"Stay here for a while more, I promise, I will let you out."

"It's taking too long, I don't want to be in here anymoreㅡ

"It's safe here than home."

"What do you mean?"

His mouth runs dry as he opened his mouth only to shut them up.

"What are you saying minho?"

"No! That can't be true!"

I pulled my hair, tears streaming down my face.

"I'm not crazy! I'm not insane!"

I cried out loud and it caught the attention of those nurses as they come running into my room and pushed me down to my bed.

"Minho, get me out of here, please. I want to see y/n!"

"Jisung, Do you want her to feel bad for you? You can see her once you're well. For that to happen, you need to take the pills to feel better and get well soon."

"Those pills kill me. They don't make me feel better they're are worsening my healthㅡ

"Listen to me, jisung. I'll come back soon. Don't argue with me, take the pills and get well soon."

"Where are you going?  Come back here! Don't leave me! Minho! Minho!"

He left and never came back.

--end of flashbacks--

His eyes red from anger, something just triggered inside of him and it's making him remember the things he tried to forget.

"I'm sorry."

I remembered minho told me that jisung flew overseas, I didn't know that he lied to me.

His anger took control over him as he threw everything that was near him, books, chairs, tables and screamed like a madman.

He flung a chair towards the mirror as it shattered and cut my cheek.

I ran and back-hugged him.

"Jisung, calm down, everything is going to be okay."

I felt something prick on my feet as I winched but I ignored the pain. His cries filled the room as I cried with him.

"Everything is going to be okay."

I repeatedly chant in his ears, I could feel his tense body against mine.

"You are going to be alright."

I looked down at my feet as red crimson liquid filled the tiles.

"You have me, everything is going to be alright, trust me."

My vision blurred and I fainted.