Chapter 1| Bullying is for the Weak

Chapter One|
Bullying is for the Weak

He took a swing at you as you failed to dodge it.
Worst case scenario: bullied physically/other sorts.
It was because you were a good person that you got bullied. Seth Eberhart and Naomi Kendall were the students that just wanted to rip you to pieces. You did nothing but be higher than them academically.
You made an attempt at a mad dash home but Naomi caught you, she screamed,
"Hey! The boy's getting away!" The boy, as in you, Jace Free. Ironic, because you aren't free. Free from bullies at least. You wish you could just transfer schools, but that had already happened 8 times.

"Mom, I'm home."
You came home bruised and cursed with a bloody mouth. You headed for a washroom before your mother could see you, you didn't want to transfer schools again and have her worry.

"Honey? Jay? Is that you in there?"

Your mother knocked on the door as you were finishing cleaning up.
"Yeah, mom."

"Alrighty then, dinner is almost ready."

"Okay."

•~•

That night I went to bed aching in my...everywhere.
I could taste the dried blood in the corners of my mouth that I didn't get to, and I just started...crying.

"Why me? Why is it always me?"

But of course, no one would answer.
Because it is me. A weak-boy.
Waking up groggily I eat breakfast made by my mom.
It's only the two of us in the house ever since dad had to travel abroad for business.
School calls for me on Mondays.
As expected, school means Satan has a grasp on everyone and throwing his dart at me. Fire away.
No friends, no life. All I have are grades I could ever be looking forward to. But even with that I can't hope for these days to hurry up and kill me. I just wish I could leave. I'm sorry, mom.
Mid-day meals. My favorite.
The time when the entire school is exposed see to each other, especially when you are trying to eat food.
But Naomi and Seth were pushing it overboard this time. Not only did they steal my meal ticket, they beat me and told me this,
"Who cares if you don't even eat, it's not like anyone would care. Not even your lazy dead father and stupid fat mother. Not even amoebas on fleas on dogs could care. Nobody loves you. Face it."
That was it. I couldn't take it. I kicked Naomi and I punched Seth with a bloody knuckled fist. My eyes were full of rage. I couldn't stand to live like this.

"SHUT UP DOUCHEBAG! MY FATHER IS NOT DEAD, HE IS ALIVE AND WELL! YOU MIGHT AS WELL DIE FOR SAYING THAT, JERK! HE MOST LIKELY WORKS 100x HARDER AND 100x MORE THAN YOUR FATHER WOULD EVER WORK TO SEE HIS FAMILY SMILE! MY MOTHER IS NOT FAT, NOT STUPID, AND NOT ANYTHING YOU WOULD EVER BECOME!!! WHO CARES IF SHE HAD DYSLEXIA, WHO CARES IF HER MEDICATION MAKES HER GAIN WEIGHT! SHE'S SMARTER THAN YOU WOULD EVER HOPE TO BE, MORON!"

I felt something ignite in myself, although I wasn't sure what it was, but it felt good.

And with words like that you end up in detention.

But I didn't go. Today I had stood up for myself and it felt great. Even so, I ran home crying. I am weak.
No, they are weak. I am overcoming.
They are weak, but have enough confidence to hurt me. But all things still hurt. No matter what.
That night I made an attempt at making a wish;

"Dear someone, I would like to be reborn. In another universe, or a parallel universe, another planet or something. I would just like to be reborn to live my own life. A good one, one that I can be proud of.
Thank you."

But even after doing that for a week, it didn't work, I still got beaten. It's not gonna work.
Yet.