Chapter 2~ Wishful Thinking

Chapter Two: Wishful Thinking

When people wake up, they wanna have a good day. I mean don't get me wrong, I do too- it just doesn't happen. I always know Naomi and Seth are out to get me- and I am weak. I just hoped for once I could live a normal life. It doesn't happen but you can't blame me for trying. I mean, my mom is depressed, and my dad has been gone for a year now. I get my caramel colored hair from him, along with many of my other features. He's been on a "business trip" for about a year now. We haven't heard from him since.

I want a better life.

~*~

That night I dream of a girl with short black hair, and gorgeous blue eyes. She stands there with a little dog at her side. I have never seen her before. She smiles, and I see behind her, are my parents. Both of them, together, smiling and happy. It has been a while since I've seen my dad. He's smiling and laughing, along with my mom. I've never seen them so happy. That is what I wish it would be like.

The next day I head to school, and I manage to avoid Naomi and Seth. When lunch finally comes, I have surprisingly made it through. I get an uneasy feeling in my stomach, but I choose to ignore it.

Maybe today will be my lucky day. When school is over I head over to my locker to put away my text books. That's when I realize Naomi and Seth are standing right in front of it. I try to walk away unnoticed, but they see me there. Seth smirks as Naomi calls me out. "Oh look, it's Jace! You gonna run away crying to your momma? Or maybe your dead daddy."

I clench my fists angrily. "HE'S NOT DEAD!" I roar.

Naomi just smirks. "Your right. He probably just left you and your old hippy mom for a better family. He probably got tired of your pathetic excuse of a life."

"Well you're a pathetic excuse for a human." I fire back, wanting to stand up for myself. That's when I feel a sharp punch in my gut. I fall to my knees and cough up blood. Seth delivers a strong punch to my face, and I'm pretty sure I hear a snap. I fall to the floor, blood everywhere. I'm losing a lot of blood.

"Get up momma's boy." Seth taunts.

I just cough up more blood- on his shoes.

Bad move.

He just kicks my side causing my to bleed more. I start to feel dizzy.

"Seth, stop. I think that's enough." Naomi says, sounding anxious. My blood is all over the floor.

"Oh stop feeling so sorry for him." Seth says, and steps away. That's when my eye kids start to get heavy. I start to hear sirens, and I later feel myself being lifted up.

Am I dying? My eyes then seal shut.