Chapter Twenty Five : Not Ready

Two Months Later : October 23, 2012 

-- Chris 

Finally back in L.A which i've been for the last two months. Laden and I have short conversations on the phone since he's still mad at me and he'll rather be with Amriel and he refuses to spend time with me. I feel incomplete without them in the house. It feels empty as well. 

"Aye Nigga come on I'm here now where are we going?" Michael asked, I got off my ass and grabbed my keys. Without answering him i walked out of the front door with him following. I got in the drivers as he jumped in the passenger seat. I pulled off towards the direction of this lying bitch house. Soon we stopped at a red light. 

"I know you heard me wotcha Yellow ass." he said poking my cheek. "Aye quit it with that gay shit." i snapped. My voice was kinda horse, i haven't spoke a lot. 

"Oh my gosh i should call Sarah! you just talked!" he said imitating a white girls voice. He's a fruity nigga i swear. "Who is Sarah?" i muttered. he shrugged. 

"But for real, where are going?" 

"Jasmine's." 

"Why we going to your ex-side chick house that bitch weird as hell. I swear she has some type of mental disease." he cringed, 

"Sort something out." i mumbled. 

I would've been confronted this bitch, but i wanted to do it face to face, and she been out of the state so i waited. 

If you haven't noticed yeah, i haven't told him about me and Amriel breaking up. For all he knows, Laden's at school and Amriel's at work. If i did tell him do you think he'll be the car with me? I'm not saying I'm scared of Michael or anything because if he wanted to fight we can square up and shit. But he's protective of Amriel. Remember the damn two month long silent treatment he gave me? If he knew i cheated... all hell would break loose. 

It wasn't long until i was parked off the curb in front of her house. Not caring to grab my keys i hopped out and made my way towards the front door. When i was about to knock extra hard the door swung open revealing a half dressed Jasmine. 

"Hey bab-" 

I pushed her to the side, inviting myself inside. 

"Now, i want to know why the hell your telling Amriel your ass is pregnant when your infertility?" i snapped. She stared at me with a smirk. 

-- Amriel 

"Amriel, are you good?" Trice, one of my co-workers asked me. She's a middle aged women who has been working in the office for almost twenty four years. More than my existence. She was referring to the fact i was sitting on the floor of my office instead of my desk. Having minors cramps and the fact Laden been a busy body running around my office. His school had a water break so he had an early day off. 

"I'll be fine Trice," I mumbled, i can't lie. Even though this break up with Chris two months ago was suppose to cure me from stressing it made me stress more. This pregnancy is different from the one when i was carrying Laden, I didn't have cramps, headaches and dizziness not even when Jasmine and her friends jumped me when i was four months along  those years back. 

"Amriel if you need me, don't hesitate to call." She said, i smiled-- it wasn't to my eyes but i appreciate her concern. I nodded she smiled at me and cooed at Laden before leaving shutting my door. 

As the clock ticked and ticked and tic-, i pressed my head against the wall with my hand around my five month round belly, It wasn't big. i had four months to go. Deep in thought, the biggest wave of pain hit forcefully as if i was going into labor. My breathing hiked up as i looked down on the beige carpet and notice a complete wet spot, a matching one on my pants with a hint of redness.