NaNoWriMo + Excerpt

"You hit yourself in the eye with a bottle of wine?" Mike clarified, gently applying the ice pack to Naomi's eye. She flinched back in pain, but ultimately relaxed into the soothing sensation.

        She nodded glumy. "A failed attempt to drown my sorrows in liquor. No judgement, please."

        "We would never," Nate promised, running his fingers absent-mindedly through her hair. He probably didn't even realize how soothing it was, judging by the way his eyes followed Mike's body as he guided Naomi's hand to hold the ice pack in place and then quickly retreated back into the kitchen.

        Naomi snorted at Nate, who jumped at the sound. "Try not to drool," she advised, referring to the look he was giving Mike.

        "I can't help it," Nate sighed. "I mean, he's wearing that fucking tank top today. This is a place for children. Besides, anyone with eyes and common sense knows you're into Richie Rich, so don't go around waving the hypocritical finger."

        "His name is Amil," Naomi corrected. "And at least I admire his shoulders from a distance. Lean in any closer, and Mike's going to have your drool pooling in his lap."

        "That's the goal, my dear."

____________________

So, this is the story I will be participating in Camp NaNoWriMo with! Basically, Naomi and her friend Nate get summer jobs at an amusement park in a small town, and chaos and summer love follow. I'm nervous about writing a novel in a month, but I think I can do it! I won't be posting everything as it's written, but instead, will post chapter-by-chapter every few days, to give me a chance to make edits and stuff. 

 Special thanks to Belle (@kimpossibelle) for the beautiful cover!!