Chapter 7

(unedited)

As Taehyung walked through the front door, a loud crash rang through the living space. It wasn't close to him, most likely in one of the bedrooms. 

Everyone came rushing in, wanting to know what had happened.

They wearily made their way through the house, checking each room as they went.

Finally, they had checked all of the rooms except for Taehyung's. By process of elimination, they knew it had come from his room.

Taehyung was incredibly nervous to open his bedroom door. He had hidden one of his possessions at the back of his bookshelves, right behind the most boring books he owned. 

Slowly, he turned the handle and pushed open the door to be met with his entire bookshelf lying on its side with most of the books scattered around the carpeted floor. 

Jimin and Jungkook made their way into the room. They both gasped and rushed to stand in the middle of the room. Taehyung wasn't sure why they had freaked out so much until he glanced at their feet.

The collar.

Taehyung steadied himself against the door frame, thankful for his friends' quick decisions. He then pushed himself into the room and made it look as though he was taking a closer look at the books on his floor. In reality, he was picking up his collar and shoving it in the pocket of his hoodie.

But it was too late.

The other boys had come into the room just as Taehyung picked up the collar. They saw him hold it in his hand and then try to hide it from them. 

"What was that?" Yoongi's voice was suspicious and somewhat harsh.

"Nothing."

"If it was nothing, then why are you so flustered right now?"

Damn it. Taehyung had just lost his only chance of getting away.

He sighed loudly and slowly pulled the collar out of his pocket to show the other boys. 

Jimin and Jungkook moved to stand on each side of Taehyung, trying to support him just in case the other boys had a problem with his now exposed secret. 

Namjoon took a step forward to look at the collar more closely.

"Kitten?"

A deep red blush appeared on Taehyung's cheeks. He looked down at his feet and decided not to speak. He was mortified. This was almost as bad as when Jimin and Jungkook had found him in that shop.

A pair of arms pulled Taehyung into a hug. Yoongi's arms, to be specific. 

Why was Yoongi hugging him? He had seemed so mad just a minute ago.

"You don't have to hide things like this from us. We love you no matter what, okay?"

Taehyung had slowly begun to cling to Yoongi. The older man's embrace was calming. 

"Okay." His voice was muffled, but the rest of them figured out what he said fairly quickly.

"Do you want us to call you kitten?" Hoseok's voice was soft and timid. 

Taehyung didn't answer verbally but nodded slightly. He was too embarrassed to actually speak.

"I think we can do that for you." Jin walked close to Yoongi and Taehyung, who were still hugging each other, while he spoke. 

Jin wrapped his arms around the two younger boys. Then Namjoon, Jimin, Jungkook, and Hoseok walked over to them and joined the hug.

Taehyung had never been so relieved. 

Yoongi's words would be stuck in his head for a long time.

We love you no matter what.

Word count: 577