"I love you"

Lacey's POV
All I could feel was agony running through my body. I could barely move a muscle or even keep my eyes open as the green car screeched outside the redheads house. My whole body just felt as if I was reliving the incident over and over again the pain becoming worse each time, and not just physically. "Alright baby I'm gonna need you to hang on okay? I'm gonna take care of you I promise" Kelly tells me pulling my weak body from the passenger seat.
Reaching the entrance Brit kicks open the front door with all the strength she could summon and carries me upstairs. "Okay, I'm just going to turn on the shower, I'll be right back" she says placing me onto her bed, then running into the en suit. Struggling to keep consciousness I hear the faint noise of water running and spot Kelly pace back in towards me. She sits beside me and looks into my eyes, her own slightly glazed with tears. She reaches out towards me and as soon as I spot her hand,my mind flashes back to the experience and  I flinch a scared look painted over my expression. "Oh it's okay...I'm not going to hurt you" she soothes. I just look down into the sheets until the woman lifts up my chin to look into her eyes. "Lacey, I just want to help you. Now can I take this off so we can get you cleaned up?" She asks softly. I slowly nod and she stars to peel the blood drenched tank top from my body; I wince slightly as the cuts sliced across my arms   brush against the fabric.
"Can you stand?" She asks after I was now ready to get in the shower. With all my strength, I attempt to pick myself up and stand on my feet. However as soon as the weight pressured on my legs I fall immediately into Kelly's arms. Tears start to overtake my eyes as I feel so weak and helpless clutching onto her for dear life.

After the Brit managed to wash all the blood from my body and dress me in some of her clothes, I lay beside her my head buried in her chest. My emotions had now gone from hysterical to completely blank, I felt numb all over. "Are you ready to talk about it?" The woman asks softly running her hands through my hair. I take a deep breath and finally decide to tell her. "My ex husband, he came to visit me at my house this morning" i begins still staring into nothingness. "He said he wanted to get back together with me, said he was sorry but also that it was my fault all in one breath. When I rejected him he became very frustrated, it's like a darkness came over him like he turned into home unholy beast or something" I tell her wrapping my arms more tightly around her. "And he did this to you" she utters becoming angry herself. "He pushed me against the wall, then just hit me and hit me over and over, yelling at me saying I was a worthless slut" I go on now begging to cry again. "It's okay baby, I promise you nothing like that will ever happen to you again EVER." She almost shouts in anger. "We need to tell someone about this, expose him to the police" she states firmly. "No we can't" I reply despair in my words. "What why not?".
"He is the police. There's nothing we can do" I explain. "Well I'm not letting him get away with this Lacey. We need to put this monster away" she tells me. "But how?".
"Well I have a friend down at the station, if we take pictures of what he has done to you and show him with out your ex husband knowing, we can prove him to be the evil that we know he is" she explains. "I don't know..what if he finds out and comes back for a second round" I utter the possibility haunting my mind. "We'll make sure he doesn't, and in the mean time I'm not letting you out if my sight and if I get a hold of him, this will turn into a murder case instead of an attack and he won't be the one going to prison" she nods. "Thank you for being here for me I don't know what I'd do without you" I express finally looking into those gorgeous blue eyes. "I'm always going to be here for you. I love you, Lacey" the redhead simply states placing a hand on my cheek. "I love you too" I reply placing a kiss onto her lips and laying my head on her chest. I then realise this is the first time the both of us had said that to each other, it felt so natural so real,nothing like I've felt before not even with weaver.