Chapter 1

AUTHOR'S REMARKS

Here's another book for you to enjoy. I dedicate this to everyone who joined us both in our writing journey back in 2012. I took a break from all the writing but now I'm back. Thank you for the unending love and support. Will be editing after I'm done with my other books.

©Copyrights2017

Al Right Reserved.

••••••

Lipstick. Check.

Gucci sneakers. Check.

Purse. Where?

"Mom! Have you seen my purse?"

No answer. Maybe, she's out?

"Mom?" Sensing the panic around the vibe from downstairs, I made my way to the dining room.

What the hell is going on?

And there I see, a woman crying her guts out as her phone flew out of her hand.

"Mom, are you okay? Who hurt you?" I have never seen my mom this broken before. And where the hell is Blair? You've got to be kidding me. I can't handle this alone. Especially not on my first day of senior year!
Call me selfish but I really have to go.

"Mom, please answer." Okay, five minutes have passed by and I am not actually getting worried.

"Your sister's gone."

And just like that, my life had changed.

• • • • • •

Losing two people in a span of a year is hard enough for me and I can't even imagine how hard it is for my mom. I'm the only one who she can hold on to now. It's just you and me against the world.

I sigh as I put my white dress on in pair with the pearl necklace that Nonna gave me.

Blair used to wear this every single day. I used to sneak up in her room and hide this from her but behold, of course she would notice.

"Come on, hun. We're gonna be late." My mom whispers as she closes the door behind me.

Today is the day. I can't believe I'm doing this second time in a row this year. When life hits you, it just hits you hard.

The long drive to the church was a big ball of sadness in the car. I can just imagine mom few days from now while cleaning up Blair's room.

As we got to our location, a lot of people were already there. Few are familiar faces and some are only there because they want to know what happened.

"Alexa!" Well that was a familiar voice.

"Hey." As I walk up to Kylie and Jorge, I sense someone behind me. I looked back only to find a bunch of random girls giving me looks. Unfazed, I shrugged it off and went to my friends.

"You okay? We haven't heard from you. You missed a lot, girl." Kylie exclaimed. Do you ever have that one person that you wanna punch so badly but you can't because you've been friends with them for god knows when and life wants to challenge you every single day by giving people mouths but no brains.

"Well. If your twin died just before the start of senior year I'm sure you would get why I haven't been around." Sense the attitude, girl.