The Prince and the Peddler (1)

Leon sighed as he wiped his sweaty brow. It wasn't a sigh of disgust, but one of amazement. Right in front is him was a huge town, with a big castle, and little stores and such scattered around. The castle was so tall, that it seemed to reach up to the heavens.

His destination was reached.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Leon strolled into the town, pushing his cart of goods, he felt the hustle and bustle of the town's life. But even as he never knew of such excitement, Leon sensed that something was important was happening.

"Excuse me, sir!" Leon tapped the shoulder of an older man who was sitting upon a crate.

"Yes? What is it?" The man turned his attention to the dark haired boy.

"What's goin' on?"

"Well, it's coronation day! The biggest day this little town has!" The man beamed.

"Who's, like, getting crowned?"

"Why, the prince o' course! Oh, oh! It's startin'!" a The man exclaimed as he turned his attention to the castle in the centre of the town.

Leon gaped at the tall, white tower before weaving through the crowd and reaching the centre of the town. At this position, he could get a clear view of the balcony in which a young man stood.

The man was the exact opposite of the peddler, Leon.

This young man had short white hair that glistened and shone in the morning sunlight. He had clear blue eyes that, well, sparkled, as Leon would put it. Upon his head was a golden crown adorned with fine jewels.

Leon was, of course, taken aback by this man. According to him, he looked, absolutely and utterly magnificent!

"Long live King Emil!" The crowd cheered happily.

'So, his name is Emil...' Leon thought as he stared up at the awkward-faced king. Emil looked about the crowd, waving a bit as people cheered. And as if out of sheer luck, looked down upon the dark hair of a boy. Suddenly Leon looked up, locking eyes with the king. Leon smiled and was met by the subtlest smile by Emil.

'So... He knows how to smile.' Leon thought as he started to push his cart away from the castle.